I bought the TPR MCAT2015 books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summergirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are wondering the difference between TPR's 2015 book package vs the pre2015 ones. They are almost identical. Most chapters are literally word-by-word identical. There are slight differences here and there, like the pre-word. The bio book is much bigger but I didn't notice any discrepancies from the old book when I was flipping through it. I'm sure there are probably chapters added to the new bio book that would have been evident had I took the old book out to compare. I ended up returning it because there was no way I was going to pay over $100 for a set of books that I pretty much already owned. I think the psychology/sociology book is worth getting though because it's new. Hope this helped :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Really appreciate it. Do you know the difference between the new bio and the old bio in the book. Did the new bio book have biochemistry in it? That's probably the difference? Was there a separate biochemistry book?

Also did you start looking through the psychology book. How is it?

Thanks

Really appreciate it. Do you know the difference between the new bio and the old bio in the book. Did the new bio book have biochemistry in it? That's probably the difference? Was there a separate biochemistry book?

Also did you start looking through the psychology book. How is it?

Thanks
No problem! The new bio book had a section on biochemistry at the beginning, but it looked suspiciously like the section of biochemistry at the end of the old book. So to be honest, I don't know why it was so big.

There was no separate biochem book, just the bio, physics , general chem, organic chem, verbal, and psy/soc.

I looked through the psychology book and as a psych major, I thought the book was pretty basic. It had sections on neurons, and other first year psychology definitions. Basically, I thought the book was not vital if you have a strong psychology foundation.