I called the job market saturation years ago!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My guess is that he writes romance novels on the side. Expect hits like "Sex and the Reservation" and "Me and my 180k". Ok, ok that is enough
for tonight!

I've got to admit that this statement is somewhat amusing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My guess is that he writes romance novels on the side. Expect hits like "Sex and the Reservation" and "Me and my 180k". Ok, ok that is enough
for tonight!

You forget "BMBiology must die" or "Kill BMBiology volume 1"

"5minutes strikes back"

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My cousin's parents make over $100k net profit/day, own 100+ auto dealerships that sell Toyota, Honda, Yamaha, Chevrolet, and Suzuki -_-; They said their next target is to make a profit of $200k/day. They pay like 0 tax, bribed the tax man so much. But, they are stingy as fu3k. Will not share food, stingy on the meat when cooking, don't tip well, taking profit when selling cars to the family (we buy from competitor to get a better discount LOL), take hotel toiletries, and airplane toothbrush/combs. They got all these through inheritance. My mom got 0, she had to resort selling ice at one point in her life @4 cents a bag. It is stupid Chinese tradition to pass along all wealth to the sons only.

It sucks I have to work 1 year to net what my cousin make in a day~

Well, with your aggressive antisocial world view (mind you I'm not criticizing it,) you should have no problem being a cut throat business owner and developing your own legacy. Perhaps not something so extravagant, but perhaps something that leaves three or four generations not having to worry about anything.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are sick and tired of my obsession, and this thread just started yesterday, what is about Bmb's obsession with market saturation since 2005? Am I not supposed to get tired of it?

While I agree to some extent of what he said, his way of presenting is off the cliff, ridiculously exacerbating the truth.

Sounds like what another member wrote about you! At least be original =)

5minutes,

I agree with your overall sentiments, but I disagree with your presentation. You need to understand that you're on an online forum, where everybody thinks they're right. You're not going to persuade anybody otherwise. By posting this oddly lengthy rant (in two separate forums) you're just displaying yourself as immature and obsessive. Like the user said above, nobody comes to this forum for junk drama like this. This isn't contributing anything positive for pre-pharms or prospective pre-pharms.

Using someone's post when he's addressing another person as a reply makes total sense!

Might be the most anyone in his family has ever made, perhaps more in one year than some have made in a lifetime. Hell, half what he's stating might be more than his parents made in their entire lifetime. We don't know what country he is from.

He might have a good reason to be so proud. Sometimes we Americans forget how damn good even our poorest people have it. (Welfare and US prison give a better quality of life than the middle class in many countries.)

I doubt his parents are poor. He was an international student so he couldn't have gotten financial aid and he would have to pay full tuition.

Can we just lock this thread and go back to arguing about PSLF and sprada29's work habits like old times?

Reactions: 2 users
No i have a bachelor degree and I am making $180k.

Good for you. My wife and I make just over 500k together working regular hours. I have friends with bachelors who are multi-millionaires, so what's your point?

Ghandi was dirt poor, and he will be more remembered & revered than any of you rich folk in this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ghandi was dirt poor, and he will be more remembered & revered than any of you rich folk in this thread.

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

“On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” No one will remember you. Ghandi will be forgotten. Bill Gates will be forgotten. Know that people who remember you, die also. So, fu3k what anyone thinks of you, never live a life to what society, your parents, your friends expect you to do, just do whatever makes you happy... be it accomplishment of getting rich, climbing the tallest mountain, or connecting with friends & family. It does not matter at the end. The only thing that matter is you like what you are doing when you are alive. “This is your life and its ending one minute at a time.”

Did I say I like Fight Club? :p

My cousin's parents make over $100k net profit/day, own 100+ auto dealerships that sell Toyota, Honda, Yamaha, Chevrolet, and Suzuki -_-; They said their next target is to make a profit of $200k/day. They pay like 0 tax, bribed the tax man so much. But, they are stingy as fu3k. Will not share food, stingy on the meat when cooking, don't tip well, taking profit when selling cars to the family (we buy from competitor to get a better discount LOL), take hotel toiletries, and airplane toothbrush/combs. They got all these through inheritance.

My mom got 0, she had to resort selling ice at one point in her life @4 cents a bag. It is stupid Chinese tradition to pass along all wealth to the sons only. She is extremely frugal and conservative. She makes about 3X as much as me now doing nothing (thru interest income, landlord, land appreciation).

It sucks I have to work 1 year to net what my cousin make in a day~

Is that tradition still alive? Wow... I thought it died out! Your mother should have at least gotten something out of it, but zero??? for some reason it makes me feel sad :(

Is that tradition still alive? Wow... I thought it died out! Your mother should have at least gotten something out of it, but zero??? for some reason it makes me feel sad :(

That chinese tradition died out alright... it ran into the one child policy. If those who had girls didn't pass it on they had no one. ;) One thing the chinese government got right was that they believed in gender equality and forced in place.

I am like in every post he writes! I dont think I ever had a stalker before. I should get a copyright for "bmb". I would be making bank! It is freakish.

If you don't follow what is going on lately, you don't understand. Read Bmb and my posts.

There is no need to fight. Bmb failed the challenge. Bmb has not quit pharmacy yet. Bmb has failed to do what he wants other people to do.

That chinese tradition died out alright... it ran into the one child policy. If those who had girls didn't pass it on they had no one. ;) One thing the chinese government got right was that they believed in gender equality and forced in place.

Rapid aging population with no young people as a backbone. Lots of abortion, neglect, abandonment, and infanticide of females. Lots of mail order bride. Males marrying way late because he needs to "save up" to have a chance snatching a wife. Lots of frustrated angry males become gay. 80% infant adoption to the US are females. Don't twist it into the gov believe in gender equality, it's merely a population control policy. It's a successful one at that, but with above cons. If it had not been implemented, the ratio of male:female birth wouldn't be as skewed as it is now.

I never claim to make $180k with IHS since the beginning of this thread. That is the problem with bmb. He assumes things and make it up his imagination. I let him to continue because it makes me laugh so hard.

180K is BS.

Why don't you become a patent attorney and make 2x that?

*CHUMP*

Rapid aging population with no young people as a backbone. Lots of abortion, neglect, abandonment, and infanticide of females. Lots of mail order bride. Males marrying way late because he needs to "save up" to have a chance snatching a wife. Lots of frustrated angry males become gay. 80% infant adoption to the US are females. Don't twist it into the gov believe in gender equality, it's merely a population control policy. It's a successful one at that, but with above cons. If it had not been implemented, the ratio of male:female birth wouldn't be as skewed as it is now.

@Momus : This is totally correct.

+1

I can make more than $360k by working for pbm. My boss got paid that much working for PBM.

So why don't you do that instead?

If it is that easy why isn't every PharmD on SDN doing that?

That is my next goal. Need a few year more management then I ask her to recommend me to work there. Most people can't do that because they are not willing to move and take risk. I did and I got the reward.

Hrm, K.

1) How does any particular pharmacist get into management as you refer to it?
2) You work for/with a PMB? How would a current pharmacist go about arranging a situation similar to yours?
3) To where would you recommend most PharmDs move if they want a similar opportunity?
4) What kind of risks are you talking about?

thanx

I do know a pharmacist who made 172K last year. They worked a lot of over time. So I'm sure it's possible for 5 minutes.

Here is what UN says about Chinese government involvement in gender equality.
http://www.cn.undp.org/content/china/en/home/mdgoverview/overview/mdg3/

Say what you want about commies and Mao, they have baiscally given women equality against a 5000 yr strong headwind. I know that the one child policy is mostly for population control, but it also help to end the male inheritance tradition. The issues you brought up are results of people resisting or trying to avoid those laws. Give credit where credit is due.

I can make more than $360k by working for pbm. My boss got paid that much working for PBM.

You are doing a disservice by continuing to make up numbers so you can support your argument.

This guy can't find a job after graduation so he had to a job in Barrow, Alaska (Indian reservation). Being a nice guy, I teased him and now he's out "to get me". What a joke this guy has become. I am sure the people who went school with him at NOVA are laughing their butt off. All of this over an internet forum?

I do know a pharmacist who made 172K last year. They worked a lot of over time. So I'm sure it's possible for 5 minutes.

Yeah, but 5minutes states he didn't work any overtime....which is why so many people are questioning his method to making $180,000/year (which he hints at, not all of that is from actually working as a pharmacist)

Yeah, but 5minutes states he didn't work any overtime....which is why so many people are questioning his method to making $180,000/year (which he hints at, not all of that is from actually working as a pharmacist)
Got ya. I must have read over that.

Maybe he is drug dealing on the screets part time?

Got ya. I must have read over that.
Maybe he is drug dealing on the screets part time?

A possibility, that would explain his hesitancy to explain how he is making $180,000.

I ran into this post in the pharmacy job outlook thread:

This was written in 2005! Things started to change in 2008. So we still have 9 years of saturation!

I find it odd that people are disagreeing with you.

I find it odd that people are disagreeing with you.

Yeah just think of the lives I have saved from this profession. I am also sure they would have made some money too if they had followed me in the "investment" thread.

P.S. Too bad 5minutes deleted most of his posts.

Yeah just think of the lives I have saved from this profession. I am also sure they would have made some money too if they had followed me in the "investment" thread.

P.S. Too bad 5minutes deleted most of his posts.

Ha. I changed my whole career path after some simple research into Pharmacy. A career I truly wanted, but was ruined (beyond my control). Regardless, I found my way. Some people have thick skulls. This stuff is plain facts not rocket science.

Ha. I changed my whole career path after some simple research into Pharmacy. A career I truly wanted, but was ruined (beyond my control). Regardless, I found my way. Some people have thick skulls. This stuff is plain facts not rocket science.

You are right. The facts are there. Unfortunely, many still don't get it. They will pay the price for their ignorance.

You are right. The facts are there. Unfortunely, many still don't get it. They will pay the price for their ignorance.

Once I saw numerous people with sub 3.0 GPAs getting in. "Accepted to Pharm school, 2.5 GPA, 30 PCAT! WOOO!" Like seriously? Is this even real life? What about the kids that busted their behinds in undergrad to remain competitive and this is how the application process works now? It's all people in the higher ups that blatantly take advantage of student's desires and dreams. New private schools desperate to fill their seats. Pathetic honestly. I don't even know how those higher ups can even live with themselves. Karma is a bitch. That's all I can say.

On a similar note, this reminds me of what is going on with those career prep schools that charge an insane amount of money for their CNA/MA classes. When I was gaining clinical hours this past year as a tech, one of my coworkers (a really nice girl from the one of the worst neighborhoods in my area) was duped into paying over 15,000 for a CNA course. That is a 15 with three zeros behind it. All while I learned my CNA stuff in less than a week from a free training course on youtube...Unbelievable.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensle...t-against-everest-college-explains-why-the-go

Once I saw numerous people with sub 3.0 GPAs getting in. "Accepted to Pharm school, 2.5 GPA, 30 PCAT! WOOO!" Like seriously? Is this even real life? What about the kids that busted their behinds in undergrad to remain competitive and this is how the application process works now? It's all people in the higher ups that blatantly take advantage of student's desires and dreams. New private schools desperate to fill their seats. Pathetic honestly. I don't even know how those higher ups can even live with themselves. Karma is a bitch. That's all I can say.

On a similar note, this reminds me of what is going on with those career prep schools that charge an insane amount of money for their CNA/MA classes. When I was gaining clinical hours this past year as a tech, one of my coworkers (a really nice girl from the one of the worst neighborhoods in my area) was duped into paying over 15,000 for a CNA course. That is a 15 with three zeros behind it. All while I learned my CNA stuff in less than a week from a free training course on youtube...Unbelievable.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensle...t-against-everest-college-explains-why-the-go

And I love how they tried to reason it:

"Oh I had excellent recommendations letters"

"Pharmacy schools are putting more emphasis on work experience now"

Yeah like those things didn't matter before.