I can't find anywhere to apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatwhy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. I have a slightly less than 3.0 GPA and have received a C- in a course which pretty much disqualifies me from everywhere. Any ideas on places I can apply to? I plan to retake some classes, but that obviously won't happen until the coming semester. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you referring to applying to medical school? Or to postbac/SMP?

If the former, you're not competitive. If the latter, they're a dime a dozen, so do your homework. Retake the C- course too....and any other F/D/C science coursework.

I feel like an idiot. I have a slightly less than 3.0 GPA and have received a C- in a course which pretty much disqualifies me from everywhere. Any ideas on places I can apply to? I plan to retake some classes, but that obviously won't happen until the coming semester. Thanks all!

If you are talking about medical school, you are correct that the C- is unsatisfactory for a pre-req.

You will have to retake that course, but you should consider getting that GPA up another .2 or .3 points anyway before applying.

If you are applying DO, the grade replacement forgiveness will be great for improving your app.

Ditto what Goro said. Retake that course and anything with a C to get an overall better application.

I was talking about SMPs! Definitely not med schools yet. Thanks for the kind words everyone.