I copy-pasted from google docs into amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Padfoot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's too late, but I wanted to see if anyone else did this. I wrote all my descriptions and personal statement on google docs, and copy-pasted it into the amcas application. I printed out the pdf and it looked fine. Is that what the adcoms see?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for AMCAS, but I notice a LOT of copy/paste issues in applicants' secondaries. You might want to type those out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for AMCAS, but I notice a LOT of copy/paste issues in applicants' secondaries. You might want to type those out.
Like what? I typically catch the punctuation turning into question marks and general spacing issues but I want to know what else to look out for.

Like what? I typically catch the punctuation turning into question marks and general spacing issues but I want to know what else to look out for.

That's what I see for the most part, too.

That happens when you copy rich text (MS Word or any other word processor like Open Office) into the plain text box. If you copy Word text into Notepad/WordPad/TextEdit (plain text) and THEN into the online box, there should be a total of zero problems!

Reactions: 1 users
That happens when you copy rich text (MS Word or any other word processor like Open Office) into the plain text box. If you copy Word text into Notepad/WordPad/TextEdit (plain text) and THEN into the online box, there should be a total of zero problems!

Thank you for the tip! Very appreciated!

Thank you for the tip! Very appreciated!
Another way to do it is to copy your word processor text into the URL box of your browser, then copy the entire thing into the online text box. This is literally foolproof because you will lose all your hard returns since the URL area renders everything as a single line, forcing you to redo the paragraph spacing on the web interface. Sometimes, even hard returns (i.e., when you press "Enter" to skip a line) from plain text editors can end up wonky in HTML text input boxes.

Reactions: 1 user