I didn't waste my money, did I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

According to a 2015 MCAT study plan I followed here on SDN, I ordered EK1001 mcat questions in orgo, chem, and physics, along with EK101 verbal. I just got them in the mail, and I realized that the copyright for the 1001 series is 2006, while the copyright for the verbal book is 2008.

Are these relevant for the 2015 MCAT? Will these prepare me? Or should I ship these back?

Edit: Physics says 2003........they are 2003, 06, 05, and 08
Wouldn't these be considered outdated?

Members don't see this ad.

According to a 2015 MCAT study plan I followed here on SDN, I ordered EK1001 mcat questions in orgo, chem, and physics, along with EK101 verbal. I just got them in the mail, and I realized that the copyright for the 1001 series is 2006, while the copyright for the verbal book is 2008.

Are these relevant for the 2015 MCAT? Will these prepare me? Or should I ship these back?

Edit: Physics says 2003........they are 2003, 06, 05, and 08
Wouldn't these be considered outdated?

They're very likely relevant.

If you want more current material, I would strongly suggest you take practice exams from the AAMC as those likely have the most relevant material, but the questions you ordered should also be relevant in terms of studying. Believe it or not, the basic principles of inorganic chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, and physics have not undergone tremendous changes in the last 20 years.

You might want to find a resource specifically for the biochemistry content on the current MCAT if you haven't already.

Also, the verbal book may or may not be helpful. I suggest you check the passages within. If there is a lot of natural science passages, I would find another resource. CARS doesn't include these types of passages, and while you could probably prepare for CARS with any MCAT verbal/CARS prep material, I would think you'd have the best luck prepping with passages similar to those included on the exam.