About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

I don't think I did so well on my MCAT last week. Should I sign up for 05/31?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by AOT11, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. AOT11

AOT11

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am a Texas resident (but went to Oklahoma University) and took the April 28th MCAT. I averaged a 32 on my AAMCs but had bad test anxiety and blew the test. I completely guessed on 2 passages. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't void. I know a lot of people say you get around your AAMC average, but when I say "I guessed" I literally mean I didn't read the passages and blindly guessed :(

Texas medical schools open their applications tomorrow. I'm almost certain I will need to retake but don't want to take any June or July test dates because I will end up being a late applicant. The scores will be released May 30th and the test is on May 31st. I'm thinking about taking a week off and then getting back to studying. What are your thoughts?
  2. AOT11

AOT11

Anyone? :(
  3. viva117

viva117

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member