I failed to respond to an interview invite?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandalonius

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Georgetown today saying they withdrew my application from consideration because I didn't respond to an interview invite. But I never received an invite in the mail or via email!!! I emailed them back but still didn't get a response yet. Has this happened to anyone before? I have the worse luck!

Members don't see this ad.

that sucks. i hope it works out.

Did they send the invite via both email and snail mail? If so, that would be highly improbable, for you not to get the email AND the letter getting lost in the mail. Fight them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can somewhat relate to your situation...I completed my AMCAS application really early but never heard anything from Georgetown, whereas, many of my friends had already received and completed their secondary. So one my friends me the information and I called the admissions office within 10 minutes of our phone conversation they emailed me the secondary. It turns out they had actually sent me my secondary way before any of my friends. Once I completed the secondary I heard from G-town within a week inviting me for an interview. I interviewed yesterday, Oct. 5th and it was great. I loved Ms. Sullivan and the area. Simply put call and talk with an admissions officer and explain the situation..maybe your email account filtered it out..trust me it can happen..I know. PS the only send secondaries via email and not by mail. I hope this helps.

Yeah they also claim they emailed me the secondary but I never got it either. And when I called they said that a lot of people had been saying that. Something must be wrong with their system. I would call them and just tell them what's up. I'm sure they'll understand.

Call them, don't just e-mail. You gotta be pro-active.

SaltySqueegee said:
Your avatar is disturbing...
I get that a lot. I should really think of a catchy reply, but The Daily Show is coming on.

goal-getter said:
I can somewhat relate to your situation...I completed my AMCAS application really early but never heard anything from Georgetown, whereas, many of my friends had already received and completed their secondary. So one my friends me the information and I called the admissions office within 10 minutes of our phone conversation they emailed me the secondary. It turns out they had actually sent me my secondary way before any of my friends. Once I completed the secondary I heard from G-town within a week inviting me for an interview. I interviewed yesterday, Oct. 5th and it was great. I loved Ms. Sullivan and the area. Simply put call and talk with an admissions officer and explain the situation..maybe your email account filtered it out..trust me it can happen..I know. PS the only send secondaries via email and not by mail. I hope this helps.

i would give them a call if you really want to interview there. the area is great, but if i remember correctly, Ms. Sullivan has a few screws loose. i was really not impressed with any of the people there when i interviewed a few years back, actually Georgetown was the only place that gave me such a bad vibe. anyway good luck with interviews.

Peter

If you use a spam filter or hotmail you might check there. Hotmail deletes 'em in 5 days by default.

why do you guys email schools????? CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

good luck

I emailed because there was no phone number listed and I wanted to contact the person who sent the email. In any case he emailed me back this morning with the email that was supposedly sent on Sept 16. He didn't sound very understanding about it though...I don't have a filter and I check it religiously every day so I don't now how I could have missed it. Anyway I didn't know Georgetown interviewed 1000+ candidates per cycle. That's a huge number.