I feel terrible...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ydangerzone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ugghhh...

I just got an email from the school that I'm attending this fall saying that I missed the final deposit deadline and thus was being dropped from the class. I had already declined two other schools last fall, so this is where I wanted to go.

My heart beat hard and I about passed out. The world got cloudy and hazy. I felt like life was over. Kind of the dementor feeling from Harry Potter. It was definitely the WORST and most DEPRESSING email I have ever had - and I've dated a lot...

I called the school and said I was sooooooooo sorry and I told them I felt terrible. They let me send in my deposit that very minute. They told me to call back tomorrow so that I could verify I was back in the class of 2009.

I feel so stupid. Just plain stupid. I STILL feel stupid. This message makes me feel even more stupid, yet it's probably good that I write it. There are good people in the world out there. I'm glad I happened to run into a VERY understanding admissions officer.... But....I hope I don't feel stupid forever - but I know I will tomorrow morning.

Thanks for listening.

Members don't see this ad.

Dont feel stupid. That kinda thing is eaaaaaaaasy to do.

As I remember, I missed the deadline too. The admissions officer was quite understanding. I did send my deposit in that very day as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
you'll be ok....also if they give you crap call the dean. They like people that are proactive. I think you'll be fine.

It got taken care of, you're still in. Don't feel bad, just don't let it happen again. A calender by the phone and computer where I spend most of my time receiving messages has been the greatest idea I have ever had.

This sort of thing happens all the time, it doesn't make you a bad person. :thumbup:

-Bill Brasky
"Third: Did you know Bill Brasky is the godfather of my son?

Fourth: Bill Brasky?

First: He's a big fella!

Second: Oh yeah, he's a big guy! Goes about 6'7", 385.

Third: Well, anyway.. he shows up at the church in his golf pants, caked in mud. Well, ol' Bill Brasky pushes the priest aside and says, "I'll baptize that piece of calamari!" Then he pours Scotch all over my baby son and says, "There! You're baptized!"

Fourth: And your son is blind to this day!

First: Yeah, he makes brooms somewhere in Georgia, doesn't he?

Third: I have no idea. [ pause ] To Bill Brasky! "

Ydangerzone said:
Ugghhh...

I just got an email from the school that I'm attending this fall saying that I missed the final deposit deadline and thus was being dropped from the class. I had already declined two other schools last fall, so this is where I wanted to go.

My heart beat hard and I about passed out. The world got cloudy and hazy. I felt like life was over. Kind of the dementor feeling from Harry Potter. It was definitely the WORST and most DEPRESSING email I have ever had - and I've dated a lot...

I called the school and said I was sooooooooo sorry and I told them I felt terrible. They let me send in my deposit that very minute. They told me to call back tomorrow so that I could verify I was back in the class of 2009.

I feel so stupid. Just plain stupid. I STILL feel stupid. This message makes me feel even more stupid, yet it's probably good that I write it. There are good people in the world out there. I'm glad I happened to run into a VERY understanding admissions officer.... But....I hope I don't feel stupid forever - but I know I will tomorrow morning.

Thanks for listening.

I hope you learn from this, and don't make the same mistake as a physician.

How hard is it to send in a check before a written deadline?

I know a monkey could do it.

OSUdoc08 said:

Not all monkeys (or is it monkies?) can. I've actually I've missed a few deadlines myself.

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of good old fashioned procrastination. :thumbup:

Fenrezz said:
Not all monkeys (or is it monkies?) can. I've actually I've missed a few deadlines myself.

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of good old fashioned procrastination. :thumbup:

But not one that important, right?

And I hope that you, my friend, learn how to be a little compassionate before you become a physician. :)

I know that I would definately not procrastinate or miss the deadline for something so important. Just know that you are VERY LUCKY because if I was the admissions officer, I would have said tough luck. Forgetting to do something so important is not a good sign as to success and effectiveness as a med school student or physician.

crys20 said:
And I hope that you, my friend, learn how to be a little compassionate before you become a physician. :)

I only have an obligation to be compassionate to my patients.

Not to people who can't apply to med school correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:

How hard is it to send in a check before a written deadline?

Albeit harsh, I have to side with OSUdoc08 on this one.

BTW, it is monkeys; however I believe that the preferred (PC/SDN) verbiage is nonhuman primate; i.e., Prosimii or nonhuman Anthropoidea.

All the best,
-ky

kyriacos01
all i gotta say is GREAT AVATAR. Boo ya ke shah! respek.

I would hate to have some of you as my doctor. I know I've made plenty of mistakes in life. Some of them I regret a lot. I didn't come to earth the best already, I came to become better day by day.

But, I also know others make mistakes. I would rather forgive someone who truely feels bad than hold it against them forever, especially when they already understand the gravity of the situation. Why would I want my harshness on my concience for the rest of my life? What a poor way to live.

Or, if it meant I could not be a doctor, so be it - I would rather be a kind forgiving person who looks for the best in people. That's so much more important to me.

Ydangerzone said:
I would hate to have some of you as my doctor. I know I've made plenty of mistakes in life. Some of them I regret a lot. I didn't come to earth the best already, I came to become better day by day.

But, I also know others make mistakes. I would rather forgive someone who truely feels bad than hold it against them forever, especially when they already understand the gravity of the situation. Why would I want my harshness on my concience for the rest of my life? What a poor way to live.

Or, if it meant I could not be a doctor, so be it - I would rather be a kind forgiving person who looks for the best in people. That's so much more important to me.

:sleep:

OSUdoc08 said:
I only have an obligation to be compassionate to my patients.

Not to people who can't apply to med school correctly.
nice come back! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:
OSUdoc is great

I would hate to have someone for a dr. who couldn't even send his deposit for med school in on time, if that's what he/she supposedly really cares about doing. There are plenty of qualified people who would have been thrilled to do that.

Ydangerzone said:

Captain Obvious to the rescue
What is the purpose of the original post other than to look for a public beating? If I ever make such an ignorant and dangerous mistake I can guarantee you that I won't be posting it on a public internet forum for anonymous people to point and laugh at.

Mad Cow said:
kyriacos01
all i gotta say is GREAT AVATAR. Boo ya ke shah! respek.

Ditto. "My sister is prostitute, she lika the money!"

Sidenote, it's interesting to see that medicine still draws a lot of pricks by the looks of some of the posts... But also a lot of good hearted normal people by the looks of it.

Hear me now,

Boo ya ke shah & respek, from Kazakhstan's 6th most famous man. As everyone knows, today is the 14th anniversary of the "Kishniyek Massacre"; we will now observe 10 minutes of silence.

*waits quietly*

Big up, fanks to Jackie Chan
-ky

Nate said:
Captain Obvious to the rescue
What is the purpose of the original post other than to look for a public beating? If I ever make such an ignorant and dangerous mistake I can guarantee you that I won't be posting it on a public internet forum for anonymous people to point and laugh at.

I didn't point and laugh at it you *******!