I feel terrible

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

civilleader

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I seriously feel like things are not going to go well... I mean I am beginning to realise that I might have rushed the whole application process. I think that I would be a really strong applicant if I waited till next year, but instead, I decided to apply now.

I think that my stats are particularly weak and with the record number of apps, it seems like I have anything that I can use to stand out. I also saw a typo on my AMCAS many months later. My committee letter took forever and got sent only two weeks ago, so my files were complete really late. I am so nervous that after all the money I spent, I wont get in anywhere...

Quite honestly, I will be happy if anyone accepts me, it seems as if my prospects of admission are distant.

Anyone in my boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone feels this way at some point during the application process. I racked up a bunch of rejections, but now things are looking up. The same will happen for you.

And even in the absolute worst case scenario, you can always strengthen your application and reapply. Don't lose faith. You applied very smartly and broadly, and you're an excellent candidate for most of the schools on your list. Just give it time.

Sigh I am. I didn' really rush the application process, although I did end up being complete really late, it was due to circumstances beyond my control.

Whatever, at this point I've already rolled my dice. Time to sit back and see what happens? Worst come to worst, I'll re-apply. It's just money, right? We can make up for this money later by moonlighting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same. The waiting time is very frustrating and one starts questioning things. This is a stressful time but it will pass. Just know that there are many people that are going through the same thing. Guess it's just part of the process... Look on the bright side - this strengthens you as a person - what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...

Good EC's, good clinical experience, pretty good GPA both BCPM and overall, and not a terrible MCAT.

Relax and crack open a beer for Chrissake and relax. You're fine.

your applications were also completely in late sept. Hang on!! Most of my interviews came recently and I was complete in early August/July. I have a good GPA but my MCAT is not anything to gloat about. Try not to get bogged down since it is really a waiting game. Medicine is a long long road and you can't get bogged down this early in the game. Chin up!! :):thumbup:

I think everybody feels that way at some point in the process, regardless of where they stand. Your mdapps profile looks good.

OP, don't sweat it. It's still early in the process, and interviews at most schools go through March. As other posters have noted, you did apply broadly and that will work in your favor (I think your stats are pretty damn good too). Don't sweat it - a lot of us feel the same way you do, but things will pick up here as the admissions season gets into full swing in October.

Dude you are totally going to be fine. Good GPA, good MCAT, good application overall....unless you are trying for top tier schools but i think u will get several interviews from other schools.