I feel that @OldPsychDoc is a "kind uncle" figure here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExcaliburPrime1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always look forward to @OldPsychDoc posting as it fills me with a sense of "everything will be alright" and constantly reinforces that choosing to dedicate a large portion of your life to psychiatry is a great idea.

Just a feeling I get. Thanks old man! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
I see him more as kindly father figure. *points to icon*

Last edited:
I always look forward to @OldPsychDoc posting as it fills me with a sense of "everything will be alright" and constantly reinforces that choosing to dedicate a large portion of your life to psychiatry is a great idea.

Just a feeling I get. Thanks old man! :)
Emphasis on the 'Old', but you're welcome.
(Just don't ask for money...)

I see him more as kindly father figure. *points to icon*
What, my icon? That fine father figure?
I hope I don't lose my head over that...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
He is indeed one of the good guys.

Reactions: 1 user
The creepy uncle hasn't posted on these forums in a while. Been a while since he's... visited.

OldPsychDoc definitely rates pretty high on the squishable scale :biglove:...although I have my doubts about the 'Old' part of his handle (old to me is like 70+, maybe mid -late 60's at a push, somehow I don't think OldPsychDoc fits that age range).

The creepy uncle hasn't posted on these forums in a while. Been a while since he's... visited.
Ouuh Ouuuh, can I play the creepy uncle? I worked hard on the avatar. It also dates me because I saw it live on TV as the first avatar example I can think of.

Reactions: 1 users
Emphasis on the 'Old', but you're welcome.
(Just don't ask for money...)

What, my icon? That fine father figure?
I hope I don't lose my head over that...
N0, *my* icon, lol. It's Sansa Stark.

Great equanimity, unassuming, and magnanimous.

You should have seen OldPsychDoc's old avatar. It kinda looked like him sans the facial hair.

After meeting OPD, I imagine he'd make a great Santa Claus during the holiday season serving his famous banana bread recipe.

You should have seen OldPsychDoc's old avatar. It kinda looked like him sans the facial hair.

After meeting OPD, I imagine he'd make a great Santa Claus during the holiday season serving his famous banana bread recipe.
That's a shame, I always secretly hoped he was more like Bad Grandpa

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

This subforum definitely has a lot of wonderful people including OPD. Bet he's busy drawing up paperwork for his incoming class now (iirc the programs find out who they matched the day before applicants do). If he's even half as great a faculty member as he is on this forum, the residents there are truly privileged.

Huh, so I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like him then.

I don't know Grover, but I'm sticking with the creepy uncle thing. Maybe I could incorporate ethical boundary violation scenarios into my interview quiver. That would go over like a lead balloon.