i got the wrong major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chijkl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like life sciences but do i have to be a doctor? Im thinking biochemistry and do labs and research. Im on my 3rd yr of my nursing program as premed. I find nursing simple cause mostly nurses do mundane stuff (not that im a nurse hater but i really find it not that hard(the handworks/intervention not the program), my opinion). but i dont really mind being a nurse cause i find it fun too. but i would like to do laboratoty research. i chose wrong premed.

what do i do? i dont want to stop nursing cause its almost done...

B

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you like lab research, consider getting a Ph.D.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like life sciences but do i have to be a doctor? Im thinking biochemistry and do labs and research. Im on my 3rd yr of my nursing program as premed. I find nursing simple cause mostly nurses do mundane stuff (not that im a nurse hater but i really find it not that hard(the handworks/intervention not the program), my opinion). but i dont really mind being a nurse cause i find it fun too. but i would like to do laboratoty research. i chose wrong premed.

what do i do? i dont want to stop nursing cause its almost done...

B
Lol my friends gave me some really weird looks because I was laughing so hard at this post.

What do you mean "do I have to become a doctor?" ... Do you think you're going to end up in med school by default? Most people don't even get in. You want to do nursing, and you're almost done with the nursing program.. what's the problem?

Here's an insider tip to prevent you from becoming a doctor if you don't want to be one: don't apply to med school.

Hahaha what a ridiculous post, I hope OP is trolling

Reactions: 2 users
Transfer your nursing credits to whatever biology or biology-related degree program you have at your school. If you want to do bench work, you'll want a professional degree in a hard science. Nursing is too much of an applied field for PhD or MD application committees.

Do I have to be a doctor?
I'm in a nursing program.
I think nursing is really mundane and simple but actually nursing is fun.
I want to be a nurse.
What do I do?

:bang:

Reactions: 1 user