I HATE pharmacy school??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manjungs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay.. so I am in my LAST year doing rotations, and I absolutely, DESPISE all the rotations I've had so far. We do 5 days a week for 6 weeks, and everyday is like living hell. And I mean this in not a cheeky way, but in a seriously psychologically, mentally deforming way.
Everyday I'm there, I do all the work begrudgingly and watch the time pass. I've SO stressed out, and I don't know why, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

I know I've survived this far, and I can't just quit now. But I am absolutely miserable. I cry every day from sheer stress and just not wanting to go that rotation site..

It's getting serious, I am so depressed. Quitting is not in the book because like I said, I'm in my last year. But for the present - I Know i have to suck it up but doing that is SO hard. Is there anybody else who feel this?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay.. so I am in my LAST year doing rotations, and I absolutely, DESPISE all the rotations I've had so far. We do 5 days a week for 6 weeks, and everyday is like living hell. And I mean this in not a cheeky way, but in a seriously psychologically, mentally deforming way.
Everyday I'm there, I do all the work begrudgingly and watch the time pass. I've SO stressed out, and I don't know why, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

I know I've survived this far, and I can't just quit now. But I am absolutely miserable. I cry every day from sheer stress and just not wanting to go that rotation site..

It's getting serious, I am so depressed. Quitting is not in the book because like I said, I'm in my last year. But for the present - I Know i have to suck it up but doing that is SO hard. Is there anybody else who feel this?

Did you hate classes too?

I've been lucky to have good rotations so far (knock on wood, block 4 starts tomorrow). What rotations have you had, and what do you find unappealing about them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any work experience outside of rotations? Did you enjoy working as an intern or pharmacy tech?

Because you're stuck at this point unless you're debt free out of school.

I remember my last year very well, I was in a similar state of mind. I was on rotation during the day for 40+ hours then off to work later. I realized later that it was that I stopped exercising and that was the issue. It didn't matter how good the rotation was, I was just spending too much time indoors so I set up my rotations so I could get a week off and I went to Arizona where I eventually moved after graduation.

I suppose the irony is that there is very little healthy about the way health professionals are taught.

What is so bad about the rotations?

You think you hate pharmacy school wait until you get out and find yourself working at Wags, CVS or Rite Aid. That is if you can find a job......

I commuted 2 hours roundtrip for retail daily. I refused to do less than a full shift.

My informatics rotation is the only one I HATE. The rest have been great!

Why do you hate your rotations? :confused: