I have a request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We will be training EMT student in airway management. I was wondering if there was a brief airway lecture somewhere that I could go to so that our staff could use it when we get new students? It's been a long time since I taught anything so thought I would start here.

Members don't see this ad.

We will be training EMT student in airway management. I was wondering if there was a brief airway lecture somewhere that I could go to so that our staff could use it when we get new students? It's been a long time since I taught anything so thought I would start here.

Send me a PM with your email. When I get home this evening, I can send you the presentation I gave to my old EMS agency and med school class EM student interest group back in the day. It should function as a good, basic primer.

Send me a PM with your email. When I get home this evening, I can send you the presentation I gave to my old EMS agency and med school class EM student interest group back in the day. It should function as a good, basic primer.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I always start with making them use the glidescope or mcgrath once so that we can discuss the landmarks on the way in, and they can see what they are going to be looking for with the regular blade.
That type of students is frequently quite cocky and I have noticed a lot more "vigor" in their approaches than I see with medical students.

Reactions: 2 users
I always start with making them use the glidescope or mcgrath once so that we can discuss the landmarks on the way in, and they can see what they are going to be looking for with the regular blade.
That type of students is frequently quite cocky and I have noticed a lot more "vigor" in their approaches than I see with medical students.
That's funny. We had the very same interaction with some of the past EMTS students and practicing EMTs. They are quite cocky and think they are there to out a coup,e tubes in and get the hell out of dodge. Well, we cancelled that groups access. This is a different group and we have set some ground rules. First of all, they must perform a few tasks that we direct before ever touching s pt. If they don't perform then they get to watch all day.