I have a sinking feeling in my gut that somebody I know is trying to ruin my cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This topic has to be a joke. Why would you tell someone where you're interviewing after a text like that?

I've had people say that they would use connections to make sure that I wouldn't get into med school. They also claimed they would attempt to poison me. They also claimed they got into the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and had a 4.0, when in reality they never took the MCAT and had a miserable freshman-year GPA.

If this sounds exciting to you, shadow a psychiatrist who has patients with borderline personality disorder. I didn't encounter this person in the clinic, but you'll get the exact same thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Gonna try to nip these ones in the bud here. Assuming that OP was talking about the UCD PHSA Premed Conference, it was not at all a waste of time. There were 9,000 people registered to go, and I went myself. 60 different admissions deans from 60 different allopathic schools were there. I went in with skepticism, and I walked out with 3 personal emails/phone numbers of admissions deans of three different universities, was told "you're a great guy, shoot me an email on Monday and I'll see what I can do in terms of getting you an interview to my school" by all three of them. I came in with the same doubts of pretentiousness and brownnosery that you guys probably have now, but it was literally the best $50 I've ever spent. Carry on.
And did you actually get those interviews

Reactions: 2 users