I have about 170 days till my MCAT test date, should I begin following SN2 program now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exacto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 170 days till my MCAT test date, should I begin following SN2 program now? Should i do the 4 month variation and just have the last month or so to study all the harder concepts, or what do you guys suggest for about a 5-6 month out study period?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's a long time. You might start forgetting material if you extend it that long. I would start by doing a lot of tough reading and reading some Nature, Cell, and Science articles daily. Then in a month you could start the 4 month schedule.

That's a long time. You might start forgetting material if you extend it that long. I would start by doing a lot of tough reading and reading some Nature, Cell, and Science articles daily. Then in a month you could start the 4 month schedule.

Ok that actually sounds good, should I be doing anything with the articles/tough reading or just read them as quickly as I can while still understanding the main concepts and write down some notes? Also, what is considered tough reading...??? lol

Ok that actually sounds good, should I be doing anything with the articles/tough reading or just read them as quickly as I can while still understanding the main concepts and write down some notes? Also, what is considered tough reading...??? lol

I would read some philosophy and humanities book. Just try to read fast and comprehend, understand how they write and formulate arguments. As for the science articles first try to really understand how experiments are conducted, try to really understand graphs and figures, see what kind of information you can extract from the figures and see what they mean. Understand the way they are written and the conclusions that can be drawn from the articles, what makes it weak and makes it strong. Then work on speed.

I have about 170 days till my MCAT test date, should I begin following SN2 program now? Should i do the 4 month variation and just have the last month or so to study all the harder concepts, or what do you guys suggest for about a 5-6 month out study period?

I'd get started now...and if you need the materials, I just so happen to be selling mine.