I Just Took The Exam, But----

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDent09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay im about to cry, i bombed the exam people, i did good on bio 20, but 18 orgo, 16 gen chem- almost all were calc. and the reading 17 i was stupid not to read the passage there were like alot of true and false q's, and math 15 i expected this, and the most annyoing thing was PAT, i was scoring 16's on crack the PAT and people were telling me that i might get 17 or 18 on reall thing I got a 14 i cant believe it, it was harder the crack the PAT for sure. Okay so FOR THOSE WHO REALLY LIKE TO HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO.
-1 is mid october too late to retake, will schools just reject me even i tell them that im retaking

-HOW I STUDIED:
I did not read the kaplan, and skiped to destroyer, i did not take complete full exams, however did topscore sections, and was scoring 17,18 on most sections.

-WHAT I HAVE
KAPLAN BLUE BOOK, DESTROYER, AND TOPSCORER AND ACHIEVER, IM PLANING TO TAKE THE KAPLAN ONLINE AGAIN, IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I NEED?

- PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO STUDY, LIKE WHERE TO START WHEN TO TAKE PRACTICE EXAMS, ETC.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, IM SORRY IF MY SPELLING IS BAD, I DIDNT SLEEP.

Members don't see this ad.

Im So Mad Now I Didnt Do Good On The Dat Exam For The Second Time,

- Is It Too Late For Me To Take It In October, If No What Should I Do, I Dont Want To Wait Another Year.

-if You Say To Retake In October, Can Schools Just Reject Me Based On This Score Even If I Tell Them That Im Retaking,
-do School Want Me Fees Eventhough They Will Not Review My Application Until I Retake

Pelase Help!

- Is It Too Late For Me To Take It In October, If No What Should I Do, I Dont Want To Wait Another Year.

-if You Say To Retake In October, Can Schools Just Reject Me Based On This Score Even If I Tell Them That Im Retaking,
-do School Want Me Fees Eventhough They Will Not Review My Application Until I Retake

Pelase Help!

1. It's late, but not too late. If you can pull of an awesome score, you still have a chance.

2. If you don't tell them that you are retaking, they may reject you if your score is too low. Sometimes, they reject you even after you tell them that you will be opting for a retake.

3. They always want your money. ;)

okay im about to cry, i bombed the exam people, i did good on bio 20, but 18 orgo, 16 gen chem- almost all were calc. and the reading 17 i was stupid not to read the passage there were like alot of true and false q's, and math 15 i expected this, and the most annyoing thing was PAT, i was scoring 16's on crack the PAT and people were telling me that i might get 17 or 18 on reall thing I got a 14 i cant believe it, it was harder the crack the PAT for sure. Okay so FOR THOSE WHO REALLY LIKE TO HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO.
-1 is mid october too late to retake, will schools just reject me even i tell them that im retaking

-HOW I STUDIED:
I did not read the kaplan, and skiped to destroyer, i did not take complete full exams, however did topscore sections, and was scoring 17,18 on most sections.

-WHAT I HAVE
KAPLAN BLUE BOOK, DESTROYER, AND TOPSCORER AND ACHIEVER, IM PLANING TO TAKE THE KAPLAN ONLINE AGAIN, IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I NEED?

- PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO STUDY, LIKE WHERE TO START WHEN TO TAKE PRACTICE EXAMS, ETC.

No worries, you aren't the only one that runs into situations like this. If anything, the majority faces some predicament to some measure as yours. I would definitely say a re-take is in order though, as much as I'm sure you wish your studying was over with. Not too sure about your study habits, but I would recommend allotting yourself more time to study and thoroughly go through the material. It was probably a hasty decision to skip straight to destroyer. I would say learn the basics (i.e. kaplan) before refining what you need to know (i.e. topscore, achiever, and destroyer). Use those as a tool to measure what you don't know and not what you need to know.

I think October is too late to retake, although I personally know someone who applied in November and was accepted into UCSF. However, I don't think this is the norm. Applying that late is a decision only you can make, but just know most first round interview have/will have been sent out around that time (depending on school of course).

Perhaps it'd be a smarter idea to wait a year, get more dental experience, retake the exam in october and have your DAT scores ready so regardless of how you do you'll have your app in super early for next cycle (June 1). No worries, put the work into it and I'm a firm believer that you'll eventually get what you deserve :) good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that sucks. You did well on the sci though, did you get tired going through the test? your scores were high then dropped. Then took the break and went back up then dropped down again.

Have any advice? Do you feel like anything did not help or any last minute tips? I take the test monday, and tthat worries me a little...

hey jiga, what date does Luisville start on?

I have one elective course to take in the spring/summer semester, but I think it ends close to end of July. I'm not sure if that will have a major effect for Louisville... I don't need this course for Chem degree but I need for the Bio degree..

hey jiga, what date does Luisville start on?

I have one elective course to take in the spring/summer semester, but I think it ends close to end of July. I'm not sure if that will have a major effect for Louisville... I don't need this course for Chem degree but I need for the Bio degree..

This year the freshmen started July 1st.

We have class 8-5 pretty much everyday besides Thursday, when we go 1-5.

-HOW I STUDIED:

-WHAT I HAVE

I know how you feel. Study your ass off and then take the exam and pow right in the kisser. When I took my first DAT I was actually lower than you in afew subject areas. I will post my old scores along with my new scores once I retake.

The best thing to do is not get discouraged because it will be harder to concentrate on studying if you do. What I have done is take my old scores and paste them in front of my computer screen so that when I study and get frustrated and want to quit for the day I can see why I am sacrificing. That seems to work for me.

As for your study materials. Is there a particular reason why you did not take full advantage of all of your resources the first go around? KBB is good for foundation but supplementing with Schaums for Bio, Gchem and Ochem and/or Barrons, Cliffs would be an added benefit. Destroyer is great but the name says it all. It will destroy you but in the process you will be wiser and more confident.

Good luck in your future studies and keep your chin up.

Learn it, Live it, Love it

Last edited:
dont be discouraged. your AA was a 17.2 if you can bump up in 2 sections atleast 1 pt youre already upto an 18 (Im pretty surewith a little more studying you can do this easily). Read Kaplan BB for the basics, and Top Score and Achiever are also good for practice exams. Crack DAT PAT and CRACK DAT MATH i heard were really good aids. For bio, schaums outlines, campbells, cliffs, any of those will suffice. DAT DESTROYER (must have) is key for the chemistrys. it also does a good job in bio and decent for QR. Keep your head up, you have 3 months of studying to prepare. You will be fine the next time you take it. I got a 17 my first time and I was expecting it since i didnt study that much. Now after studying more, I feel way more prepared and dont think ill get lower than a 19 according to multiple multiple practice exams.

Hey that's okay!! Not everyone can get 20+ on the first hit! Just go ahead and study again right away since the material is fresh in your head. Remember your weak points and work on them. You can definitely do better!!!! Good luck!!

Hey that's okay!! Not everyone can get 20+ on the first hit! Just go ahead and study again right away since the material is fresh in your head. Remember your weak points and work on them. You can definitely do better!!!! Good luck!!

The problem is this was a retake for OP. If I remember correctly, he/she scored something like 15 or 16 average on the first take. OP may want to be careful because the next one will probably be the last one.

Pelase Help!

It's not too late, but make sure that you kill the test this time around, because three low scores will be difficult to explain to the adcoms.

Hope all goes well for you!