I just want to admit to the world that I suck at physics and hate it with a passion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

towellman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in physics II right now and I just want to say I suck at it and I hate it. That combination has made this summer miserable.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you like Ochem/Orgo whatever the hell people are calling it these days? There seems to be two types of people. Those who love physics, but disdain Ochem and those who love physics, but disdain Ochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
MirrorTodd said:
Do you like Ochem/Orgo whatever the hell people are calling it these days? There seems to be two types of people. Those who love physics, but disdain Ochem and those who love physics, but disdain Ochem.

and theres an abnormally high correlation between these physics lovers and people who are good at math

MirrorTodd said:

i dunno...i love both..but you have to work hard at both of them to understand the concepts. I say it's all about practice, practice, practice (w/ problems).

plrae12 said:
i dunno...i love both..but you have to work hard at both of them to understand the concepts. I say it's all about practice, practice, practice (w/ problems).
That's true, but I've noticed that most people seem to like one or the other. It might be how it's taught to you. Has a poll been done on this?

MirrorTodd said:
That's true, but I've noticed that most people seem to like one or the other. It might be how it's taught to you. Has a poll been done on this?

Yeah, great teachers really do make a difference. For Ochem, you should not confuse all your reactions though. You study them individually and you have to know the criteria for each, that way you know what to apply when you are given a set of reactions, etc. The rest is pretty much visual understanding and memorization. Physics, know your formulas, right hand rule,etc. Don't fall behind though, ask if you don't understand before moving on, otherwise you'll get screwed up.

MirrorTodd said:

:confused:

I guess I'm a third type- I love OChem, but disdain Physics.

plrae12 said:
Yeah, great teachers really do make a difference. For Ochem, you should not confuse all your reactions though. You study them individually and you have to know the criteria for each, that way you know what to apply when you are given a set of reactions, etc. The rest is pretty much visual understanding and memorization. Physics, know your formulas, right hand rule,etc. Don't fall behind though, ask if you don't understand before moving on, otherwise you'll get screwed up.
That's true, I got worked on the magnetic field part, with all the flux and stuff, because I never asked the professor for a different explanation or something.

suck at orgo, rock at physics, hate both

BrianUM said:
suck at orgo, rock at physics, hate both
suck at organic, rock physics, love both (just not organic exams). :)

Are you guys calling people who like both physics and o-chem weird?

BTW, anyone ever taking anything like physical biochemistry? That sounds like the coolest class ever

I highly approve of this thread. The way physics was taught to us was quite terrible and I loathed it. C in I and a D in II. Still got into med school! :laugh:

maddscientist said:
I highly approve of this thread. The way physics was taught to us was quite terrible and I loathed it. C in I and a D in II. Still got into med school! :laugh:

I SO agree with those who despise Physics. I used to tease my Physics prof that Physics needs to be dropped in the deepest part of the ocean and tortured to death! I never did understand what was going on, and ended up with Bs.

However....dearly loved OChem.

Go figure. Took the MCAT in April, got 9s. Retaking this month, want 10s or above (because much as I loved OChem, I got a C third quarter :scared: ) All my practice tests are at 10s for PS and 11s for VR and BS, so I'm hoping that so long as I continue what I'm doing I'll be fine. :luck: to all of you who hate Physics but still need to pass - I really believe there's a part of our brains that were never made to do this stuff! But I was pleasantly surprised when I studied for MCAT to realize that I really do understand more than I thought I did :laugh: ...

Not to ruin everyone's fun, but the OP is a troll that hijacked someone else's account, so I'm closing this thread.

FWIW, make sure you log out of your SDN account if you are surfing on a shared or public computer.

The More You Know!

Status
Not open for further replies.