I just withdrew my acceptance from [this] school, c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
East Carolina University

Members don't see this ad.

Turned down a West Viginia interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from: Bu Pitt Udm Mwu il Asdoh Buffalo

turned down interviews at: LECOM SIU

Keeping my interview at: Rutgers

Put deposits on: MWU AZ and UKCD

Finally withdrew from BU and NYU.
Also turned down my interview at USC.

Withdrew acceptances from Case, NYU, Rutgers, and Nova. Will likely be withdrawing soon from Columbia, UConn, Pitt, UCSF, and VCU (it's too painful to withdraw from these haha)
Cancelled post-Dec interviews at Stony Brook and UMich.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear from these schools!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew acceptances from Case, NYU, Rutgers, and Nova. Will likely be withdrawing soon from Columbia, UConn, Pitt, UCSF, and VCU (it's too painful to withdraw from these haha)
Cancelled post-Dec interviews at Stony Brook and UMich.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear from these schools!!!
That is one beast of a list! Congrats, where'd you end up choosing?

yeah. you're in state for vcu...what is pulling you from richmond?

Sent my deposit to UPenn! Although I still have an upcoming interview at Harvard.

yeah. you're in state for vcu...what is pulling you from richmond?

I always thought I was going to end up at VCU but I'm getting tired of the area. Born and raised near Richmond, and went to a closeby undergrad, so I kind of want to get out of the state for a bit since I'll likely end up practicing here later.

Reactions: 1 users
finally withdrew my application to buffalo. pretty tough phone call to make.

Reactions: 2 users
Just Withdrew from: Case, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, and Penn.

G/L everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from UCLA and Columbia. Will be withdrawing from UPenn soon.

withdrew acceptance from nyu and udm; cancelled interview at nova

Withdrew from UoP, Colorado and UNLV. Good luck to everyone!

Turned down Buffalo, Deposited on BU, Still thinking about Penn, got another half month, haha...

Withdrew from Harvard, hard choice to make! Hopefully someone who really wants to go will get my spot :)

Withdrew from UCLA, UoP, UCSF, BU, and Western.

I wish you all the best.

Sent my deposit to UPenn! Although I still have an upcoming interview at Harvard.

I always thought I was going to end up at VCU but I'm getting tired of the area. Born and raised near Richmond, and went to a closeby undergrad, so I kind of want to get out of the state for a bit since I'll likely end up practicing here later.

did you get a scholarship at UPenn? From the financial point of view, it's weird to see you withdrew from your state school and decide to attend one of the most expensive schools :)

did you get a scholarship at UPenn? From the financial point of view, it's weird to see you withdrew from your state school and decide to attend one of the most expensive schools :)

Nope unfortunately I didn't :( I was ready to choose VCU because of money, but my parents said they would contribute the difference if I went to an ivy (I clearly have an asian mother!), so thankfully cost isn't as much of a factor anymore, although I do feel bad/guilty about them contributing so much

Last edited:
Nope unfortunately I didn't :( I was ready to choose VCU because of money, but my parents said they would contribute the difference if I went to an ivy (I clearly have an asian mother!), so thankfully cost isn't as much of a factor for me. If I do get into Harvard I might go because its much cheaper than Penn and I do feel bad/guilty about my parents contributing so much :(

You doctor yet?

You doctor yet?

Lolll when my parents found out how much dental school cost they told me I should go to med school instead b/c it's cheaper. Umm a little late for that...

Nope unfortunately I didn't :( I was ready to choose VCU because of money, but my parents said they would contribute the difference if I went to an ivy (I clearly have an asian mother!), so thankfully cost isn't as much of a factor anymore, although I do feel bad/guilty about them contributing so much
Ahh...Asian and prestige :) I clearly understand you as i am asian as well. And I thought we would be classmates but come to think about it, I shouldn't be too disappointed that you are not in my class, you would break all the curve for everybody :). Have fun at UPenn or Harvard!

I haven't been on this thread till now but have turned down Minnesota and Michigan dental schools.

Declined UCLA offer. :( tough choice but glad to have made a choice.

Withdrawing interviews from MWU-IL and MOSDOH. Hope this helps someone out!

You decide on Washington or UoP?

I decided on UoP. I withdrew my other applications and cancelled my interviews, it felt very strange!

Reactions: 2 users
withdrew from: GRU, UCSF & UPitt

deposit check chillin' at UPenn.

Withdrawing from Case, Pitt, Tufts, and Stony Brook. Also probably gonna cancel an interview at Maryland.

Withdrew from Oklahoma (+Houston and San Antonio). Sad day...alas, the future is bright.

Withdrew from Maryland, Case Western and Tufts few days ago. Good luck to you all!

Will be withdrawing from Meharry. Good luck all!

Withdrew from Midwestern Ill and Lecom. Goodluck to all you guys :)

Canceled UMich interview. Withdrew from UDM and NYU. More to come, since I am still sitting on 5 acceptances.