I just withdrew my acceptance from [this] school, c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm assuming you are headed to Nova? Congrats on making a decision :)
Yes I'll be going to Nova in the fall! It wasnt easy letting UF go but I'm confindent in my decision. Thank you for all the help/advises!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thank you Glimmerer1991 for your insights. I am DEFINITELY having him read posts. We are actually reading the critical ones together - I save them and show him.
Our dilemma is that we are in Illinois where I feel like there is no such thing as in state tuition.:eek:
I think we need to find more recent threads on debt and loan repayment as you suggest.
We are early in the game - he is applying to the combined programs and has an acceptance from UDM so far for 7 years and we are waiting for other responses but he has an interview coming up with Nova.
I really appreciate the suggestions Thank you!
I am an illinois dental student entering in the class of 2018 at siu. The in state prices at both siu and uic are both fairly reasonable compared to most state schools. Siu being the cheaper by a few thousand per year.

Just withdrew my acceptance from MWU-IL today, good luck to those of you waiting to hear from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I'll be going to Nova in the fall! It wasnt easy letting UF go but I'm confindent in my decision. Thank you for all the help/advises!
why did you choose Nova over UF? I am kinda same situation with you. Just curious. Would you explain about that?

I am an illinois dental student entering in the class of 2018 at siu. The in state prices at both siu and uic are both fairly reasonable compared to most state schools. Siu being the cheaper by a few thousand per year.

I found comparing the tuition prices a little confusing as some included additional expenses while other schools did not. I find the whole thing very confusing. It doesn't seem to be that much cheaper than Nova's rates not including room & board for either or maybe I am missing something.

During dental school, what is the maximum commute time you all recommend?

Finally made the hard decision to withdraw my OOS acceptance from Iowa. I was accepted in Dec and paid the deposit.

I really hope to have this problem a year from now....multiple acceptances and having the opportunity to choose which school I will attend. Congrats to all :)

Reactions: 1 user
I found comparing the tuition prices a little confusing as some included additional expenses while other schools did not. I find the whole thing very confusing. It doesn't seem to be that much cheaper than Nova's rates not including room & board for either or maybe I am missing something.

During dental school, what is the maximum commute time you all recommend?

Siu is about 40k with all costs included for each of the 4 years. I won't mention any schools specifically but the majority of private schools will run you about 100k per year. As an illinois resident you're actually getting a hell of a deal.

Thanks @arlmay I didn't realize it was that big of a difference. We will definitely look deeper at SIU!

Thanks @arlmay I didn't realize it was that big of a difference. We will definitely look deeper at SIU!

I won't just suggest siu, uic is a great school as well. Do the research on both via their websites. I don't know where your at on the application timeline but if its coming up for you and you're seriously considering applying to siu, there is an open house in the end of april that informs you of almost anything you need to know (and gets your name out there). If you have any questions feel free to message me

Officially withdrew my seat from NYU this afternoon. Hope an SDNer gets it. :)

I'll be withdrawing from NYU tomorrow. Just paid my 11k deposite to UBC:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think NYU over accepts applicants and they are expecting many to withdraw. So I don't know if that really opens up a seat for anyone who is not already accepted.

I'll be withdrawing from NYU tomorrow. Just paid my 11k deposite to UBC:)
Are school deposits really that big? ( I know its Canadian) I have only paid 1000 to my school, I hope there aren't any huge deposits coming up that I am unaware of.

Are school deposits really that big? ( I know its Canadian) I have only paid 1000 to my school, I hope there aren't any huge deposits coming up that I am unaware of.

Haha. No I think NYU's deposit of 1500 is the most expensive in the US. UBC's just an exception. Like no other school will want more than 2k.. some schools like buffalo even refunds your deposits.

Haha. No I think NYU's deposit of 1500 is the most expensive in the US. UBC's just an exception. Like no other school will want more than 2k.. some schools like buffalo even refunds your deposits.
I just paid a $3000 deposit to Boston -__-

Rutgers is $2,500 :wtf:

NYU is $1500 first and then $3500 by April 1st... Totaling $5000 :(

Oh I meant 1st deposit. Yeah I guess 5000 for NYU if you count the 3500 by april 1st. My bad. But still no where around 11k don't worry.

Withdrew from NYU. Will be withdrawing from UoP, UCLA, and UCSF within the week!

Holy moly! An 11k deposit? I consider myself a decent saver for my age and while going to school full-time (well, I'm only comparing myself to my friends, but yeah). However, that would totally wipe me out. School loans don't get disbursed until later. How does the typical applicant scrounge up that much money before the loan comes in? Especially if I had paid for all of my application/interview fees, I wouldn't have that much money... and I only applied to 5 schools!

Last edited:
If we include dat , study material, aadsas primary, secondary fees, and travel expenses I have spent 9.7k :).....

My schools deposit was 1k though.

If we include dat , study material, aadsas primary, secondary fees, and travel expenses I have spent 9.7k :).....

My schools deposit was 1k though.

Dang! At least all of that was spread out, though, so you were able to make money in the meantime. 11k at once is a serious chunk of change for your typical early-20-something.

Withdrew from Indiana, Roseman, UDM, UNE, Temple, and Marquette today. Had kind of a pile of acceptances the past few weeks after having fairly low expectations applying. Not the tip top schools you people all got accepted to, but I still feel kinda cool.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from Indiana, Roseman, UDM, UNE, Temple, and Marquette today. Had kind of a pile of acceptances the past few weeks after having fairly low expectations applying. Not the tip top schools you people all got accepted to, but I still feel kinda cool.
all that matters is you becoming a dentist my friend. Doesn't matter where from

Reactions: 1 users
Where did you choose to go?

Is it common for schools that you withdrew from to ask which school you will be attending next year? Had a school ask me after I withdrew recently and was just wondering.

Is it common for schools that you withdrew from to ask which school you will be attending next year? Had a school ask me after I withdrew recently and was just wondering.

Not sure if that's common or not... Did you tell them?

While we are on the subject, I will be just as nosey as that school and ask... Where'd you decide on? And withdraw?

Withdrew from NYU. Will be withdrawing from UoP, UCLA, and UCSF within the week!

Withdrew from UoP, UCLA, UCSF, and Columbia. Hope the seats go to those here still in the running! :)

Withdrew from NYU. Good luck everyone!!

Withdrawing from BU. Good luck everyone!

Withdrew from Tufts. Good luck everyone!

Guess it's about time. Withdrew from Case (accepted), U of Pittsburgh (accepted), U of Minnesota (accepted), U of New England (before action).
Oh, also waitlisted at U of Oklahoma which I will be withdrawing from shortly. Will be going to UPenn :heckyeah:

Reactions: 4 users
Hey Guys. Took some time to choose but I withdrew NYU, UOP, Detroit, and Boston. Good Luck.

Withdrew from Columbia. G/L everybody

I withdrew from Temple; it was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Currently accepted at OHSU and waitlisted at UoP. Good luck to the Temple Waitlisters.

Dropped Columbia and Pitt.