I made an Anki deck for MCAT 2015. Here is the dropbox that'll be updated each week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sc4s2cg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This week was a bad week, no updates. Stay tuned next Saturday.

Dropbox updated June 21 - thanks for all the support!

-----------------------------
Please fill out this brief 8 question survey if you would!
-----------------------------

The Reddit thread has more details if interested. The Dropbox file will be updated each Saturday, expect 1-2 chs/book to be added each week.

tl;dr: I'm reading through the Kaplan MCAT 2015 books and TPR Psych book (sometimes internet for clarification) and creating Anki cards as I'm doing so. It's been working well for me, and I figured since that's a lot of cards in the making (around 1000 so far) I might as well share with people.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool thanks. I booked marked the drop box and I'll check it ever so often.

Ah. I will update the file later tonight.

The empty cards show up because I edited some cloze deletions and made them simpler. Forgot to delete the old ones. You can fix that by going to edit and choosing check database, then delete empty cards. I promise there is no information there that is missing.

The psychology bit I will look into, but I suspect it might be the eye questions. Fooled around with an add-on to make those, will take a look.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ah. I will update the file later tonight.

The empty cards show up because I edited some cloze deletions and made them simpler. Forgot to delete the old ones. You can fix that by going to edit and choosing check database, then delete empty cards. I promise there is no information there that is missing.

The psychology bit I will look into, but I suspect it might be the eye questions. Fooled around with an add-on to make those, will take a look.

Thank you! I was confused about that because there were no cards available for biochemistry after I deleted the empty cards.

Wait. Like, no cards at all? Not even preupdate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait. Like, no cards at all? Not even preupdate?

The first set of 1000+ cards is still there. It's just after I updated the new deck last night all the new biochem cards got cleared after I chose the 'delete empty cards' option. So I ended up with less than 99 cards in the deck. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong. I will try it again tonight after you update the file. :)

I updated the deck on dropbox just a couple minutes ago. Found the blank biochem cards and corrected the psych image cards. Hopefully this solves the issue! The problem was on my end, next week I will be prechecking cards before updating the deck.

After updating, if there are any psych cards that are just white (not showing the image), you can go ahead and delete those. The update has brand new psych image cards with the same information.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, otherwise I wouldn't even know until I re-reviewed those cards in a week or so haha.

Anki is a flashcard program that uses spaced repetition to help you remember information. I'm making quick-review flashcards as I go and figured I'd share them with everyone.

More information about Anki here. Information about my cards are in the reddit thread linked in OP.

I updated the deck on dropbox just a couple minutes ago. Found the blank biochem cards and corrected the psych image cards. Hopefully this solves the issue! The problem was on my end, next week I will be prechecking cards before updating the deck.

After updating, if there are any psych cards that are just white (not showing the image), you can go ahead and delete those. The update has brand new psych image cards with the same information.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, otherwise I wouldn't even know until I re-reviewed those cards in a week or so haha.
It works now! Thank you so much for these. I can't afford the Kaplan books at the moment so these are really helping me with content review.

Anyway to get these on iPad/iPhone?

When I was on iOS, I was using this app. It's pretty expensive, but I thought it was worth it considering how much I was using it + the desktop app. Good way to support the guy who created Anki in the first place (guy who made Anki is the same who made the iOS app. The android app is free because he didn't make it, someone else did). There may have been other alternatives created since then.

Once you find an app, just double click the file in the dropbox to import it into your desktop client. And then:
  1. Create a free account here: https://ankiweb.net
  2. Click the little sync button on the desktop client, login when prompted
Anki will then upload the cards to the website. Then on the app click the sync button, login, and it will download. Each update all you have to do is sync the desktop and then the mobile.

Sorry for the lack of update guys. Having some personal problems that I don't feel comfortable sharing publicly. Schedule is whacked but I'm still committed to finishing the deck. I cannot promise a regular schedule.

Reactions: 1 users
Take care of yourself first. Don't think we're demanding anything. We all thank you for what you've done so far. Hope everything is okay. :)

Reactions: 2 users