I made my decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyegirl2k7

Bridget Jones here
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've decided, after a very thorough two weeks of contemplation, that I am going to be an ICO brat in the fall!!!!!!

I do love NEWENCO, but when I began to examine why I loved NEWENCO, it wasn't entirely because of the education (althouhg they do have wonderful faculty and a great, innovative curriculum). I realized it was because of Boston and because of the architecture. I just wanted to be the privileged girl from the east coast instead of who I am (which is far from that, trust me). I know that sounds stupid, but well....I guess I don't really have an explanation for that. I wanted to be in some sort of fantasy from my childhood and it blinded me to the disadvantages, which I feel are the costs, and the relatively small clinic system. Of course, it is a wonderful school and these are only my opinions.

I remain devoted to ICO for it's wonderful, extensive clinic, facilities and varied patient base. I also have a gut feeling that I belong there.

And at the end, I did, of course, have to think of my husband. It is unfair to ask him to rip up his whole life to go to Boston just because I want to be an east coast brat. He'll have a much better time in Chicago, and won't have to leave his family or friends. And, I do love him so much. I don't want to be separated for long periods of time. It would be awful.

I hope that I made the right decision and I hope not to have regrets. Of course, time will tell.

Thanks to all who offered their advice and sympathy.

Luv,
Eyegirl :love:

Members don't see this ad.

You made the right choice because you decided what was best for YOU!! (and your husband) Trust me when I tell you how hard it is to be 2000 miles apart. :(

Congrats on making a decision!! I'm sure you'll love it !! :love:

I think you made the best choice as well. Congrats on your decision and now we may meet in the fall. We will know towards the end of January if I get in.

I understand what you were saying about living the dream on the East Coast. Just remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad you followed your heart. It sounds like your decision is well thought out. Cost is the achilles heel of NEWENCO and it is a major consideration when attending this school. However, its clinic base is not small by any means. True, our school clinic needs some work, but we have many external sites that well make up for it (including private practices, VAs, etc. in Boston and the surrounding area). As well, the real strength of NEWENCO lies in it's fourth year - there are some pretty strong sites that you can rotate through. In case, congrats. Your next four years are going to be a blast.

Vtrain, I hope I didn't offend you. NEWENCO is beautiful, and inspiring. It was terrible for me to make the decision not to go there.