I might very well have the worst luck known to mankind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

welldamn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The fact that you're able to get a 502 on a Kaplan seems to indicate that you aren't in terrible shape. Your question packs are still pretty decent, and can be good last minute content review too. Have you done the Official Guide questions? That could be another measure of where you're at with AAMC material. Also, my TPR practice exams fluctuated quite a bit in my studying (went from 509 to 505, and then back to 507, then 509) all within like two weeks. So a couple of point difference isn't necessarily a sign of a problem (at least it better not be ... my MCAT is Saturday).

What kind of schools were you shooting for?

Well your GPA is certainly good, so I think that gives you a little more wiggle room on the MCAT. Also, the scoring from the practice tests isn't necessarily correlated with the actual numbers on the real thing, as AAMC just now established initial percentiles from the April and May scores. And then they will take into account the June batch of scores as well (I think). My uninformed opinion thinks you'll be fine :)

Well, it's only natural you wouldn't retain everything with a month off. Hit the books on the stuff you missed and fill in those gaps. Reschedule for ~2-3 weeks from now and you should be fine. I think that you think you pushed yourself way back in the study process, but your scores didn't go down that much. That info is probably still in your LTM; you've just got to retrain yourself with some additional practice coupled with hardcore content review. Use all your resources to the fullest and I see no reason you shouldn't be back to killing it in a few weeks.

You have a God-level GPA so...assuming ECs/LORs are in check, finalizing your app a tad later shouldn't be a huge deal. Are you doing AACOMAS too?

Are you going to submit before taking it? Verification can take a bit, so that might be a consideration if you haven't thought of it already.

P.S. The general trend in practice is NOT always an upward one. You have to take into account your score can fluctuate pretty widely simply because each test can't test every little thing. One practice exam may have a higher ratio of things that can throw you off than another - that's how the real exam is too. However, I do think it's possible your break may have increased your susceptibility to "getting thrown off."

Last edited: