I need Advice on retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oomokaro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Now is a good time to go find the official AACOMAS application instructions with which you need to comply. I could give you a link, but I don't want to deprive you of a valuable learning experience. Here's a synopsis.

You have to take the same class for a repeat. The school doesn't have to be the same, the number and title don't have to be the same, not even the units/credits/hours have to be the same, but the class description and purpose have to be the same.

The way the AACOMAS folks will determine if you've fairly categorized a class for a repeat is the same way you should determine it:
1. Review the class descriptions and compare them. Are the two classes covering the same material?
2. Review the school department's information on the classes. Look for a list of all the courses offered by the department. Is one genetics class for genetics majors and the other for engineers? Is one class a premed prereq and the other a nursing prereq? Does one have a lab component and the other does not?

Fundamentally you are responsible for telling AACOMAS that class B was a repeat of class A when you apply, and AACOMAS can reject your claim.

Best of luck to you.

The credits (and quarter converted to semester) have to be equal or greater on the repeated course. There are a few anecdotal reports of people getting whole years of stuff replaced (at different values) but there's also reports of them not honoring that so I would err strongly on the side of caution. Ultimately, before you spend a whole bunch of time and money you really need to verify this for yourself.