I need confirmation on this, please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rfalrifa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So I just registered for the June 19th, 2015 test date, and I know that the scores will come out late July. Is that considered kind of late in terms of the application process? Even though I'm planning to submit my application early June, I heard that without having your mcat score, they won't really look at your application; and considering the fact that the earlier your application is complete, the better chances you have into getting in, I think that taking the test in the end of June is kind of late. What do you guys think?? Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

It's really not that late, especially if you think you're an otherwise competitive applicant. I know that there are some schools that will send out secondaries before you receive your MCAT score, though it's not really advisable that you go that route.

So, tl;dr: submit your application to one low-tier school in June, take the MCAT, and if you like your score, send the application off to the rest of the schools you want to apply to.

Yea that's what I was thinking too!
so you don't recommend submitting my AMCAS application to the schools before receiving my MCAT score? that's the first time I hear this.

You should submit your application to one school, just not all of them. Because if your MCAT score is not up to par and you end up withdrawing your application, you're going to be a reapplicant for those schools next cycle which puts you at a bit of a disadvantage.

That being said: this is just one person's opinion.