I NEED feedback!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erejto1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DELETED

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I will try and quickly summarize my situation. I am not here for harsh criticism just a bit of advice and a word of encouragement.

At the age of 11 I moved to the US with my mother in hope of starting a new life. It was an exceptionally hard process for the both of us.

After graduating HS in 2008, I worked full time in order to afford a car to attend a community college. I graduated with an AS in biology and psychology with a GPA around 3.2. I was working 2 jobs and was paying rent and all other expenses.

Then I attended a state university in hope of continuing my premed education. Unfortunately 2 months into the first semester my mother got very ill and I lost focus. Tried my best to be there for her, work and attend the university. I was at the school for a year before withdrawing due to my mother being hospitalized with Lupus. My overall GPA was around 2.2.

A few months ago we moved to the state where my brother lives so we can both take responsibility in taking care of her.

I'm 24 now and finally got everything in order and plan on going back to school to finish my degree and attend medical school. I recently began volunteering in the ER and The American Red Cross and I'm on the waiting list to become an ER Scribe.

I do not see myself doing anything else besides becoming a doctor. My passion lies in helping others and I would not be satisfied with any other position in the health care industry. I'm currently writing a long-term plan to help with achieving my goal.:)

-E​
If you're looking for encouragement, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to make your dream come true. Many of us have had trials to overcome in order to get into medical school. Your experiences can help set you apart in the application process.
Your main focus for now should be to follow through with volunteer work that you've signed up for, and get your pre-requisite classes done with excellent grades. That will show adcoms that you have overcome the previous difficulties and that you are capable of succeeding academically.

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Your best bet will be to either retake all F/D/C science coursework and apply to DO programs, or do a post-bac or SMP to show AdComs you can handle medical school.

Hi everyone,

I will try and quickly summarize my situation. I am not here for harsh criticism just a bit of advice and a word of encouragement.

At the age of 11 I moved to the US with my mother in hope of starting a new life. It was an exceptionally hard process for the both of us.

After graduating HS in 2008, I worked full time in order to afford a car to attend a community college. I graduated with an AS in biology and psychology with a GPA around 3.2. I was working 2 jobs and was paying rent and all other expenses.

Then I attended a state university in hope of continuing my premed education. Unfortunately 2 months into the first semester my mother got very ill and I lost focus. Tried my best to be there for her, work and attend the university. I was at the school for a year before withdrawing due to my mother being hospitalized with Lupus. My overall GPA was around 2.2.

A few months ago we moved to the state where my brother lives so we can both take responsibility in taking care of her.

I'm 24 now and finally got everything in order and plan on going back to school to finish my degree and attend medical school. I recently began volunteering in the ER and The American Red Cross and I'm on the waiting list to become an ER Scribe.

I do not see myself doing anything else besides becoming a doctor. My passion lies in helping others and I would not be satisfied with any other position in the health care industry. I'm currently writing a long-term plan to help with achieving my goal.:)

-E​