I need help improving my PS scores....TBR passages or TPRH?? PLZ help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need help improving my PS scores, I am using tpr for content review and was trying to do a few gen chem or physics tbr passages for each topic but they seem really hard!!! (even tbr bio are easier for me!) Are these the best prep for the real test or should I stick with TPRH passages which I think are okay???

I just want to see who has used both and feel as though one over the other prepared them better for test day.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I finished TPR SW and am 99% through all the TBR books.

Disclaimer: I haven't taken the real test - only AAMC FLs.

TBR is the better learning tool but can be highly demoralizing and mentally draining. It sucks but you get out what you put in.

TPRSW better simulates question difficulty and is good for providing a general overview of the topics.

I did both but if I were to choose one, it's TBR (provided you have the time and mental energy) and especially if you are going for 35+.

I finished TPR SW and am 99% through all the TBR books.

Disclaimer: I haven't taken the real test - only AAMC FLs.

TBR is the better learning tool but can be highly demoralizing and mentally draining. It sucks but you get out what you put in.

TPRSW better simulates question difficulty and is good for providing a general overview of the topics.

I did both but if I were to choose one, it's TBR (provided you have the time and mental energy) and especially if you are going for 35+.

Thanks! Did you do tpr or tbr for content review? I am taking my mcat Oct 25th, so idk if I should just try to finish all of tprh since I have done some passages in there already or just do tbr with what time I have left.

What are you averaging on the aamc for the sciences, if you dont mind me asking? I want to try to use the best practice materials bc I have around six wks left.

Thanks! :)

@bellab17

I did both TPR and TBR for content review.

If you have time, do both.

If you have a strong background already and/or are going for high scores (12+ in the sciences), go with TBR.

TPR is decent too but I feel like I learned much more with TBR.

I'm averaging 12+ on both BS and PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
@bellab17

I did both TPR and TBR for content review.

If you have time, do both.

If you have a strong background already and/or are going for high scores (12+ in the sciences), go with TBR.

TPR is decent too but I feel like I learned much more with TBR.

I'm averaging 12+ on both BS and PS.

Okay, thanks. What is your overall approach when you do the science passages in tbr (esp. with the PS sections)?? Do you read the passages and then when attacking the question think of what gen chem or phys concept is being tested here and then do POE?? I just feel somewhat lost on how to solve/approach the PS passages in tbr....

thx!

@bellab17

For TBR, I definitely (try to) read the passages. I prefer to just find the right answer (this means I should be able to come up with the answer without even looking at the choices). However, if the question is hard (and like half of them are), then I need to try to use POE.

TBR require some details that are beyond that required by AAMC FLs I've done so far. Don't get too discouraged. I stopped keeping track of my percentage correct midway through so I wouldn't be so demoralized.

@bellab17

For TBR, I definitely (try to) read the passages. I prefer to just find the right answer (this means I should be able to come up with the answer without even looking at the choices). However, if the question is hard (and like half of them are), then I need to try to use POE.

TBR require some details that are beyond that required by AAMC FLs I've done so far. Don't get too discouraged. I stopped keeping track of my percentage correct midway through so I wouldn't be so demoralized.

Okay, thanks! I will try to keep at it! lol

Yeah...TBR orgo so far isnt too bad for me. getting around 50-60% correct including critical thinking mistakes.
TBR physics though...oh god. Makes me want to cry.
Idk about TBR gchem. havent tried yet.