I need help with my AP lit class

SeekerofTruth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My teacher gave me an A- in the class on my progress report.
I don't talk at all in that class. I don't feel comfortable doign so for some reason. I just don't know why. I am shy but ..

anyways, our midterm on january 25 will be an old AP exam. that's how she runs it. She has been teaching this for 30ish years so she knows what she is doing. She certainly is a good teacher, I just wish I was less nervous in that class.

I have a hard time analyzing the stories. I don't know what I will do for the AP exam. My school forces us to take it.

I also paid for the credits which we were given the opportunity to do through a nearby college.

I really need to do well on the midterm.

She told us it will be 1 hour of multiple choice, which includes literary terms which I can study for.

45 minutes for an essay. I'll end up getting a 4 or 5...what can I do to improve this?

What else should I study? we haven't done poetry yet.

she told us we can't study for this exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Read...a lot!

Haha other than that, you can try practicing with old exams. You can find a few on APcentral & do a couple of the practice tests from the prep books.

My teacher gave me an A- in the class on my progress report.
I don't talk at all in that class. I don't feel comfortable doign so for some reason. I just don't know why. I am shy but ..

anyways, our midterm on january 25 will be an old AP exam. that's how she runs it. She has been teaching this for 30ish years so she knows what she is doing. She certainly is a good teacher, I just wish I was less nervous in that class.

I have a hard time analyzing the stories. I don't know what I will do for the AP exam. My school forces us to take it.

I also paid for the credits which we were given the opportunity to do through a nearby college.

I really need to do well on the midterm.

She told us it will be 1 hour of multiple choice, which includes literary terms which I can study for.

45 minutes for an essay. I'll end up getting a 4 or 5...what can I do to improve this?

What else should I study? we haven't done poetry yet.

she told us we can't study for this exam.
Stop hesitating !Just study the things you have not got it .Believe yourself and I hope you can get it ,you will pass your exam in the midterm .Come on !

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop hesitating !Just study the things you have not got it .Believe yourself and I hope you can get it ,you will pass your exam in the midterm .Come on !

This was two years ago. :p

AP Lit is a really bull**** course...there are books you can use to help prepare for AP Exams, but there's not too much you can do.

On a similar note, don't major in English in college.

Dude so when I took this class I kinda had a teacher like this. So whatcha gottta do is first the only thing you can do to study is look up prior Ap lit exams, just google ap lit practice exam or something. Other than that you can just think of whatcha might write for the essays. Basically think of a template like in the intro then then thesis at end of intro, then body paragraph-main idea, support from text, restate idea, then conclusion-restate thesis and main idea and get a killer last sentence. Dude this structure was legit when I took that class.

Read a lot. I was a senior while taking this class and I do remember it being a lot more reading than AP Lang junior year.