I need more information to end my GRU vs UofL debate.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nauti.shell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm looking to find out more information about GRU and UofL! I was accepted to both, and am stuck between the two.

After making a pros and cons list, everything is near equivalent in my point of view. Felt comfortable at both, lower cost of living than my current city, friendly faculty and students, cost nearly the same as an OOS, and both have granted me scholarships. I'm looking to find out more information in order to tip the scale a little more!

I'm interested in the good and bad. I don't want to get into a school and be side tackled by unfortunate information. Message me if you have anything that you don't feel should be openly disclosed.

Thank you,
Shelli

Members don't see this ad.

I would say pick the cheapest one but since they are both about the same price for you I think it will come down to personal preference. Both are great schools so there isn't a wrong decision. Some minor things to think about may be distance from home (travel costs), class size preference (U of L slightly bigger 120 vs 85), the city (Louisville is much more interesting with more things to do), climate (Augusta is a little warmer). Minor things to think about but may influence your decision.

Last edited:
I would say pick the cheapest one but since they are both about the same price for you I think it will come down to personal preference. Both are great schools so there isn't a wrong decision. Some minor things to think about may be distance from home (travel costs), class size preference (U of L slightly bigger 120 vs 85), the city (Louisville is much more interesting with more things to do), climate (Augusta is a little warmer). Minor things to think about but may influence your decision.
You have extremely valid points. I think you just helped me choice!!! Thank you :)