MD & DO I need some guidance (What are my Chances)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K1N6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

A bit about my current situation: I graduated back in May 2014. I am a transfer student and completed my degree in Biology (neurobiology and physiology specialty) at a 4-year institution. Upon transfering I was off to a bumpy start, but I got straight A's the last 3 semesters up until graduation and it brought my GPA up considerably. Thereafter I went to go work as a TA at Trinity University in Texas and came back to take my MCAT (27 first time, 31 this past January). I currently work as a Lab Tech.

Here's a brief rundown of my stats (I copied someone's layout and used it as a template, sorry!!)
cGPA: ~3.5
sGPA: ~3.5
MCAT: 31
LORs: Strong (hopefully!)
Volunteering: Food Drive Volunteer, Boys and Girls Club Volunteer
Clinical: 250 hours of volunteering in a hospital (in the Emergency, Discharge, and Surgery Department), Shadowed 3 Doctors (1 family practice, and two ENT (because the facial anatomy is obscure and very cool!) but I want to go into primary care (Internal Medicine).
PS: Talks about how my past, my experiences, and my motivations. It's a bit superficial in the sense that I don't really give in-depth examples but rather just talk about the impact the experience had on me.
EC's: Powerlifter, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Alumni, TA experiences in Biometrics, Physiology Lab, Endocrinology, and Immunology.
Research: It's OK. I've just been working as a Lab Tech for about 4 months now and I do a lot of administrative tasks and surgeries.

So what I wanted to know was what schools I should try to apply for. This is the current list I've made (feel free to critique):

1) University of Maryland, SOM (MD) (In- state)
2) Albany Medical College
3) Drexel University College of Medicine
4) Eastern Virginia Medical School
5) George Washingtom University SOM and Health Sciences
6) Georgetown University SOM
7) Howard University
8) Penn State University College of Medicine
9) Tulane University SOM

All/Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much.

Members don't see this ad.