I need some serious advice please help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

510brody

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is...Is there any way of just starting over? I've dug myself into a hole in which it is highly unlikely I will be accepted by any medical schools. Only recently have I turned my grades around and begun to do very well. But it is too little too late. I don't want to get into any specifics about the stats but my question is, is it possible to just start again at a another local university? Without transferring over any of my credits from the university I'm at right now. I just want a fresh start and a second chance. If this is possible, when applying for medical schools would I be able to submit my academic stats only from my "second-chance" school. Does that make sense? In other words I just want to put my last three years of school behind me and just start over not caring about the cost or time it will take for a new beginning at a new school. Is this possible? Please help if you have any knowlege or advice of this? Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Members don't see this ad.

No you can't. All transcripts will follow you wherever you go. Sorry.

ApoK is correct. You are required to submit all post-high school transcripts to the med school application service, even if school #2 is unaware of school #1.

But all is not lost. Redemption is possible in several ways. Read more threads here in "What are my chances?" and you'll likely see others with your situation. Maybe then you'll feel more comfortable asking specific questions. This is an anonymous forum, and we're here to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, I found this.
Transcript Exception Request
If you indicate that a transcript is not required, you MUST request a transcript exception on the Transcript Exception Request screen. You must select one of the options as your transcript exception reason. These are the only options allowed. Transcript exceptions granted in previous years are not valid for the current entering class. You must request an exception with each application submitted.
If you indicate that a transcript is not required, you MUST request a transcript exception on the Transcript Exception Request screen. You must select one of the options as your transcript exception reason. These are the only options allowed.
Transcript exceptions granted in previous years are not valid for the current entering class. You must request an exception with each application submitted.
If you do not ask for an exception and later discover that an OT is not available, no special consideration will be granted and you may miss deadlines.
If a school has placed a financial hold on your transcripts, AMCAS will not grant an exception under any circumstances.
Exception Reason
Select an option from the list to explain why you believe AMCAS does not require a transcript.
• Canadian CEGEP/Grade 13 Program
• Current or future coursework
D" • Consortium/cross-registration program, if no separate transcript is available from the school where coursework was attempted. Only one transcript is required for schools which you attended multiple times, as long all course work appears on the same official transcript. "

Look at the D part, can I just say that they did not give me a transcript. I am sorry?

D" • Consortium/cross-registration program, if no separate transcript is available from the school where coursework was attempted. Only one transcript is required for schools which you attended multiple times, as long all course work appears on the same official transcript. "

Look at the D part, can I just say that they did not give me a transcript. I am sorry?
You can say that but it would be lying and the odds that it would be discovered are high.