I need some serious help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinfid12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior at northeastern university. My fist two years were completed at massachusetts college of pharmacy and health sciences(MCPHS). In a nut shell MCPHS was a waste of time. The program was awful and the classes were taught poorly. My grades are higher at northeastern but I know when they are going to be averaged by medschools they wont be good enough. So heres the question. I can stay here and do coop and graduate a year later or transfer to a cheaper school like USF (january admissions which Ive already applied and will get instate tuition) graduate next year, then do one of those post baccalaureute programs, get high grades and hopefully get into med school. What do you guys recommend? I am so stressed out about the huge loans I will owe. I would appreciate any possible help. I am visiting USF within the next 2 weeks and will talk to someone down there. Thank you anyone who is able to assist me

Members don't see this ad.

What are your CGPA and SGPA now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Without knowing the cGPA it's hard to give any real advice.

It was around a 2.67 after my sophomore year. And now hopefully around a 3.3. I know i can get it higher next semester. My doctor also had me tested for adhd and then gave me meds which did help but it still being regulated. I mean I could get the cumulative to a little over a 3 if I stay here and get 6 months worth of clinical experience with coop. But then when I don't get in thats an extra year, which is more accumulated interest on my loans. Or I can graduate in a year in a half from a third school (USF) which will be almost free and do a postbac somewhere. Get my grades very high and hopefully get in.

Edit: I am probably only going to look at osteopathic schools but I dont know what to do. Im ready to start shadowing dentists. I've wanted to become a doctor since high school. Not for the money, I have volunteerred in many hospitals as well as shadowed doctors. But there is a point where I am going to say I dont want to be paying loans off for the rest of my life. I'm ready to start shadowing dentists. I really dont know what to do :(

I really appreciate all of your help