I need your opinion ASAP

hungrydesperate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I wanted to get some feedback from all of you about my dat score and my chances of getting in this year. I made a 17AA and 19 PAT and didnt apply until November last year. Got interview from USC and LECOM and i'm on waitlist at both schools...:( I have a 3.64 total gpa and 3.79 science gpa. I've 3 yrs worth of research experience and good bit of shadowing experience too. Honestly, i'm not hopeful anymore and have started studying for dat again...:( Just wanted to know ya'll take on this and any suggestions for what i could do to make myself more competitive for next year during this year long wait since i graduated last year.
thanks you for you time...:)

Members don't see this ad.

You may have a chance next cycle because your GPA is good, but 17 is a tad low. It depends on what your low sections were and how low. There are cut offs in some schools. If you have a such a good sGPA, you can do much better on the DAT if you study smart .
Also apply early even if you are not done with the DAT re-take.
One of my buddies had 17AA, same GPA as you, no interviews.
Next cycle hit a 25 DAT and got in everywhere. So it is possible...but not easy.

Obvious response, really. Just get a 19 or 20 on the DAT and you're in somewhere for sure. If you can get 22 or 23 then you can probably go pretty much anywhere you want. There's no reason with that GPA, assuming you had a normal major/ went to a fairly normal school, that you can't break 20s on the DAT. Also- no reason you can't study harder and up your score big time. I went from 19/20s to 22/23s my second time around when I really put some solid effort into it.

Members don't see this ad :)
When are you taking the DAT? I agree with the above replies- hit 20+ and you're golden. Also, add in some extra shadowing/volunteering hours. Update LOR's. Should be good.

Wow you submitted in November? If you don't get off the waitlist this year, definitely apply earlier next cycle like during the summer.

Im in your same boat. I got a 17 AA and a 21 PAT. Got my application in during November and only got one interview and waitlisted at Midwestern-IL. I have already started studying to take the DAT again. But still have tons of hope for Midwestern. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets in.. haha persistence.

Im in your same boat. I got a 17 AA and a 21 PAT. Got my application in during November and only got one interview and waitlisted at Midwestern-IL. I have already started studying to take the DAT again. But still have tons of hope for Midwestern. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets in.. haha persistence.
i hear ya...from what i've heard about LECOM and USC is that everyone who interviews there goes on a waitlist and since my dat is low so kinda losing the hope now. but good luck w ur studying. when are thinkin about retakin the exam? and i hope you hear something positive from midwestern soon!

When are you taking the DAT? I agree with the above replies- hit 20+ and you're golden. Also, add in some extra shadowing/volunteering hours. Update LOR's. Should be good.
i'm thinkin about reapplying w my present score in june and thinking about retaking the test by july. is it a good idea to reapply w my old scores or should i just wait until i've my new score.

i'm thinkin about reapplying w my present score in june and thinking about retaking the test by july. is it a good idea to reapply w my old scores or should i just wait until i've my new score.

Don't give up hope!!!! I just got accepted this morning. It's a miracle and I'm so relieved. Show those schools you want in. Letters of intent, updating you application all help. I was in constant contact and apparently it worked. But I would definitely reapply with what you have and take your DAT when you feel ready. It's always best to have your application in as early as you can!

Don't give up hope!!!! I just got accepted this morning. It's a miracle and I'm so relieved. Show those schools you want in. Letters of intent, updating you application all help. I was in constant contact and apparently it worked. But I would definitely reapply with what you have and take your DAT when you feel ready. It's always best to have your application in as early as you can!
wow congratulations!!! :thumbup:

Hello everyone,
I wanted to get some feedback from all of you about my dat score and my chances of getting in this year. I made a 17AA and 19 PAT and didnt apply until November last year. Got interview from USC and LECOM and i'm on waitlist at both schools...:( I have a 3.64 total gpa and 3.79 science gpa. I've 3 yrs worth of research experience and good bit of shadowing experience too. Honestly, i'm not hopeful anymore and have started studying for dat again...:( Just wanted to know ya'll take on this and any suggestions for what i could do to make myself more competitive for next year during this year long wait since i graduated last year.
thanks you for you time...:)

I realize openwide just got accepted with a 17, but the admission numbers statistically do not support you having a good chance with that score. I would strongly suggest retaking the DAT.:thumbup: