I passed!!!! NAPLEX and CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrad24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got home and to my surprise two letter from CABOP first envelope was white then low and behold behind it was a second envelope with green letter in the corner! I took my NAPLEX on 8/28 and got a 109 and CPJE on 9/6 and a 78. I'm kind of surprised I got my letter so quickly but I'm not complaining. I'm done I'm finally done All the stress and hard work I put in paid off I'm so ready to start working as a pharmacist in CA. I live in the Bay area.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulation! Can you please tell us how did you study?
I made two posts titled "CPJE experience 2014" and "NAPLEX Experience 2014" very detailed about my exams experience and how I studied.

In short.
NAPLEX - I studied a total of maybe 6-8 weeks. I started slow for the first 4 weeks doing like 5-8 chapters per week, spending about an hour a chapter. I used APhA book for therapeutics and RxPrep online questions only (for about a month until it expired). I took a 2-3 week break in between studying cuz CABOP took 2.5 months to get me my ATT. Then 2 weeks before the exam I took 2 weeks off work studied 5-10 hours a day. I took the PreNAPLEX twice (once 1.5 weeks before my exam and then 2 days before to see how I improved passed both times with an 83 and 98)

Math- I went over 1-2 x week my school provided a packet of like 400 questions and RxPrep online. The night before the exam I did 20 questions from the SND "120 calculations" . I didn't review math for CPJE I only had 2-3 questions on it and it was dosing and flow rate.

CPJE - I took it 9 days after my NAPLEX. Took 2 days off after my exam date to breathe. Then started back up 6 days before using Pharmacy Charts (from EBAY shoutout to SDN posts for telling me about this great resource). I went over top 200 dosing, brand/generic/ and MOA. I went over the Pharmacy charts top 300 charts in the back of the book. I used the Weisman law book (its like 500 pgs total) I read it once. I read the RxPRep California Law summary book 4-5 times total (2 times back in June, and 2 times in the 6 day cram period). I took the sample CPJE provided by the CABOP 4 days before my exam and got a 70% on it. Took I believe 2 small sample CPJE exams (I only did 55 questions in the back of Weisman) and an online 20 question exam. I got like a 80% on them. I took another I believe and got a 65% but hey I passed. I only used APhA briefly here though just to go over side effects and monitoring again.

Reactions: 7 users
hello! i just wanted to say congrats, well deserved. i read your naplex post and you were right on the dot about what the exam entailed...at least that's what i thought. anyways that's so awesome you are working in the bay area. i hope to end up there someday...

Members don't see this ad :)
hello! i just wanted to say congrats, well deserved. i read your naplex post and you were right on the dot about what the exam entailed...at least that's what i thought. anyways that's so awesome you are working in the bay area. i hope to end up there someday...
Where are you located? Thank you ;-)

Hi everyone.

I took my CPJE on September 11th, and I know for a fact that I must have missed at least 15ish questions. Does anyone know how the grading process works? I read on the CABOP website that it's based on a scaled score, but I don't know if I passed or not and the suspense is killing me. Anyone else take their CPJE recently? When can I expect to hear from them?

Hi everyone.

I took my CPJE on September 11th, and I know for a fact that I must have missed at least 15ish questions. Does anyone know how the grading process works? I read on the CABOP website that it's based on a scaled score, but I don't know if I passed or not and the suspense is killing me. Anyone else take their CPJE recently? When can I expect to hear from them?

I feel the same way just took mine recently as well..Did you hear anything back yet...

I feel the same way just took mine recently as well..Did you hear anything back yet...
No, I didn't!! I called the BOP on Friday, and they haven't even processed my exam yet! I'm hoping this week?! How did you feel about NAPLEX?? I feel even WORSE about NAPLEX! ugh!

No, I didn't!! I called the BOP on Friday, and they haven't even processed my exam yet! I'm hoping this week?! How did you feel about NAPLEX?? I feel even WORSE about NAPLEX! ugh!

When did you take naplex? I'm taking cpje this week. I'm definitely on the same boat with you about Naplex... So nerve wrecking... Wish ca posted naplex results online instead of snail mail sigh....

I Just took my test today. I have been practicing in another state for 4 years and decided to give the CPJE a shot. But I have no idea what this QA thing is. Does it affect me? Also, do i still need to do a license transfer through the NABP, if I don't plan on moving to California? I only took the CPJE to keep options open for moving in the future.

I Just took my test today. I have been practicing in another state for 4 years and decided to give the CPJE a shot. But I have no idea what this QA thing is. Does it affect me? Also, do i still need to do a license transfer through the NABP, if I don't plan on moving to California? I only took the CPJE to keep options open for moving in the future.
QA is over so u should be getting ur results within a few weeks. You only need to do a license transfer if u want an actual license from California. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
QA is over so u should be getting ur results within a few weeks. You only need to do a license transfer if u want an actual license from California. Hope this helps.
hi 8888
Did you get your result as I took the exam the same day like you on 9/8?

I just recently passed the Naplex and CPJE as well!!!! I want to say thank you to my mother in law and nephew who blessed me and my husband who stayed up late nights helping me review night after night AND of course I want to thank you RXPREP!!!! I am telling everyone that the only resource you need is RxPrep. That is all I studied from. Don't even bother with the 120 questions . RxPrep was the best investment I made to prepare for the tests of my career. Believe me, I have studied from other sources but I am so happy that I found RxPrep.

Reactions: 1 user
I got home and to my surprise two letter from CABOP first envelope was white nada low nada behold behind it was a green letter in the corner! I took my NAPLEX on 8/28 and got a 109 and CPJE on 9/6 and a 78. I'm kind of surprised I got my letter so quickly but I'm not complaining. I'm done I'm finally done All the stress and hard work I put in paid off I'm so ready to start working as a pharmacist in CA. I live in the Bay area.

Hi pharmagrad,congratulations! I took my naplex today and my question what if i just Did 125 \ 185 correct answer what is my passing chance. how did u felt when u took Naplex? just asking for advice. Should i book cpje?

Hi pharmagrad,congratulations! I took my naplex today and my question what if i just Did 125 \ 185 correct answer what is my passing chance. how did u felt when u took Naplex? just asking for advice. Should i book cpje?
If you feel you got 125 questions right then you probably scored over 110, honestly. You can pass getting a 75/150 so I'd go ahead and book the CJPE soon. I waited 9 days to take it, I'd agree with everyone else take the CPJE within 1 week - 2 weeks of your NAPLEX.

found stupid mistakes. my test was basic and simple does it means my chance to pass is thin. .Pharmagrad?

Hey I passed the CPJE, what else do i need to do to finish off this process. I passed the NAPLEX in 2010, and have been practicing in Louisiana since. Do I still need to do the NABP license transfer application? I figured the board knows I passed the NAPLEX since I am licensed in 2 other states. Some insight would be appreciated.

I got home and to my surprise two letter from CABOP first envelope was white then low and behold behind it was a second envelope with green letter in the corner! I took my NAPLEX on 8/28 and got a 109 and CPJE on 9/6 and a 78. I'm kind of surprised I got my letter so quickly but I'm not complaining. I'm done I'm finally done All the stress and hard work I put in paid off I'm so ready to start working as a pharmacist in CA. I live in the Bay area.

Hey how did u feel about the cpje? Did u feel like u failed or missed over 20 questions? I thought it was tough!

Anyone here feel like you have failed or missed more than 20 questions on the cpje and ended up passing? Any bad experience with happy ending?

Hi pharmgrad24,

How did u feel about the cpje afterward? Did u feel like u fail or pass ? How many questions did u think u missed?

Anyone here feel like you have failed or missed more than 20 questions on the cpje and ended up passing? Any bad experience with happy ending?

This depends on the questions you missed....you could miss the sample questions and those won't count. They also curve the exam so if you had a "harder" exam, you can miss more questions.

Hi pharmgrad24,

How did u feel about the cpje afterward? Did u feel like u fail or pass ? How many questions did u think u missed?
I was uncertain I thought I would either pass or fail but not by a huge margin I didn't even answer all the questions. I just remember being relieved I was so glad to be done.

i feel it is like either you know it or you don't. I thought the questions were straight forward so you need to read them carefully

Congratulations, Pharm 24, and thanks so much for your very informative posts.

Reactions: 1 user
btw, the passage rate for both the naplex and cpje is posted on the BOP website if anyone is interested.

Anyone with the following situation:
Name on ssc does not match state issues id?
My middle initial is spelt out on my social security card but only middle initial is printed on state issued id. State told me they can't fix it.
So I mailed out of copies of both to CA BOP. And USPS confirmed that it was delivered to the Board. I tried calling the PSI they don't have any notification from the board.
Anyone in this situation and what should I do. I am taking the test soon.
Please help.

don't know specific about your state but my name does not contain middle name on the NABP profile. They won't allow me to take the exam on at the pearsonview testing center. I have to applied for a resit cost $200 from NABP no exception. if your name issue does not resolved 3 business days before the exam. Tried to reschedule it through pearsonview it cost $50. Not sure about other state.

My state is California. And they have said the name should match but have also given the steps to take if it doesn't match. I followed the steps. Now I am not able to confirm before I go for the test whether or not the board will allow me to test. Frustrating.

NABP send my name to the testing center (Pearsonview). It's up the the testing center to allow you to take the exam or not. You can either check on you NABP e-profile to see if your name has been changed or call the actual testing center see what name is listed. If you already passed the 3 day deadline to reschedule just come to the test center anyways. Some site are careless and let you slide with/out middle name. (I was able to take the Mass Law Exam without an issue) when I schedule the NAPLEX at different site they check it carefully and won't allow. Worse thing could happen if they won't allow you to take the exam. Just applied to resit, it just cost about $200 and the process will takes a week to get you a new ATT and you can register again.

My state is California. And they have said the name should match but have also given the steps to take if it doesn't match. I followed the steps. Now I am not able to confirm before I go for the test whether or not the board will allow me to test. Frustrating.

have you tried contacting the board?

Yes I contac the board. They are saying absolutely no exceptions. So now I have to have social security office take my middle name out and only keep the initial.