I take my MCAT in a week. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Czarnowski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take my MCAT on May 6th. I've been doing decent on the practice exams, and I feel like I've studied about as much as possible. Can you guys give any pointers as to stuff you wish you would have known? Or maybe stuff you wish you would have studied harder? Especially when it comes to psychology; that's consistently my lowest score. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Stop studying 2 days before the test. It's not gonna help anymore. Shoot I stopped studying the week before cause the idea of taking another practice test made me want to vomit.

Go work out, eat a ton of almonds and fruit (won't do much but they taste good). During the exam, make sure you bring earplugs and trailmix+gatorade. Take every break and force yourself to eat a few handfuls and drink a good amount. Also be sure to pee every break even if you feel you don't need it.

If you know your weakness is psych, and you really still want to keep grinding the axe, at this point stop studying everything else and spend the last few days reviewing all your previous practice tests and the all the psych questions you got even the ones you got right. Then do more practice problems in psych.

When you take the test, remember it's standardized and that you'll score similar to what you got on your practice test no matter how much more "difficult" this particular one may seem. They always feel more difficult on test day. That's just nerves firing.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Psych and practice tests it is. And I'll definitely take the last two days off and just relax and hit the gym.