I want to go to ternopil state medical university in Ukraine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any students who have been to this university (Ternopil State Medical University) ? Should i go or not? They offer a 6 year program and its easy to get in for foreign students.

my question is if i go to that school in Ukraine will i be able to get anything out of that in US. they teach in English, the say that you can have this "parallel study" where you can study in Ukraine and all of your "credits" will count internationally meaning in US. Is it possible? Any feedback would be nice since i am planning to apply soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
HI!
I have one question- where are you from?
I graduated from university in Ukraine, and now I am in US...guess what?I need to pass NBDE 1, TOEFL and apply on Program for international dentists.
Many universities teach international students in Ukraine, but I would try to get to US as fast as possible( if you are not from here) and build my career here from the beginning. The biggest problem with Ukrainian Medical Schools- most of textbooks are outdated- from 1960-s, so it is going to be very difficult to pass tests here. Yes, they teach on English ( not all teachers English is fluent-it is fine to understand, but it is not perfect ). Overall, I love my country, and I am sure that you will get good knowledge in such subjects like Anatomy, Histology- something that hasn't changed much for the last 40 years...It is sad to admitt, but it is truth. Wish you luck!!!:)

Last edited:
im from ukraine but i am a US citizen, i speak Ukrainian, Russian and English, i was at this university few weeks ago. I found out some things like the tuition for a year is only $3000, the reason why i want to go to this school is because the good medical schools in US are hard to get in, then when your done, you don't have a guaranty that you will find a job or residency afterwards, plus they are very expensive.
i'm considering this international Ternopil state medical university, i have few friends who are interested and we are looking to see if there are any people who have been to this school and can give us some words of wisdom.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I know this is an old Thread but I want to add more questions to it as I'm planning to go to ukraine this year to get into med school there
I'm 28 yo Egyptian and want to apply to med school in ukraine cause of 2 factors :
1- cheaper !!!
2- won't face big problems regarding the visa process as Ukraine isn't eu member !!

till now I've came across some med schools' websites there and emailed them directly - not through an agent - yesterday asking for more information.

I'm planning to whether go to lugansk or ternopil or whatever suitable .

I need someone who live in ukraine to answer me regarding those situations: I know they are silly for some of you but they are essential to me .

I want to know your suggestions about medical schools in ukraine which one to go to - cheaper with suitable living expenses

I really appreciate your time but I really need answers for those questions as soon as possible.

1- I'm a freelancer programmer and that's how I'll be able to pay for the school and living .. do they have personal unlimited internet connection there in hostels ? and how much does it cost ?

2- is it available to get a single room at hostel ?

3- how much is it to rent a studio (1 room apartment) in the city for long time rental?

4- I've heard alot here on forums that you can't drop any day during the week - mon to fri - ... is that true ? I mean what if I can't go to school for a week or something due to work load ? are they that strict regarding absence or missing a lecture or something?
this point is crucial to me cuz if I get grades for the final examinations only then I can work better and get into better school there

5- what if I want to move to another school or another EU country after cpl of years ? is that possible ? do you or anyone you know did this ?

6- what If I get married from a non-ukrainian woman and want her to move to live with me during the rest of my study years ... is it available to get her a visa with me ?

I would like to get intouch with anyone studying there if possible for a little conversation if you don't mind

any suggestions or ideas ?

thanks in advance

it's just a question about life style and expenses expected when I'm there .. and ofcourse if there's any suggestion or advice

thanks again