I was accepted, what happens now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdemaKNN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accepted my spot at LTU for this coming fall! I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the process that comes next. When will I hear back from my school about an adviser and classes for the fall? I am very eager to keep moving forward but I really am not sure how it works. Should I contact my program or wait for them to contact me? Anything you guys have to share would be great!

Congratulations to all of us who got in for fall! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I think it's definitely okay to contact your program and ask about the timeline. I think I heard some stuff in July, but most of the information I got was during the orientation at the beginning of the year. Something tells me, though, that each program is different.

If you'll be moving, I would suggest looking for housing as soon as possible. It also couldn't hurt to review the audiology materials from your undergrad! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile

I'm going to LSU in New Orleans in the fall and they said I won't hear anything else until late June or early July. :/ I'm feeling a bit impatient. My undergrad schedules for the fall in March, so this is quite a change for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well one nice thing is that you don't have to worry about not being able to get in to your classes. No competition with other students as your course schedule is mostly set by the program. Did you check on the website to see if they have a program of study so you can have a ballpark idea of what you will be taking?

I received an email from the graduate coordinator saying I'm not fully admitted until I send my final transcript to verify I indeed earn a Bachelor's in something. I did look to see on the website if they had a course schedule and they do. I guess I'm just a little TOO eager right now.

You can request that transcript now. Just select "hold for degree" or whatever synonym they use.

Sent from my DROIDX using SDN Mobile