IAUPR Board Pass Rates 20%?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueEyedPeach

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard from several sources that the 3rd year part 1 board pass rate this time around was 8/40, or eight passed out of the forty students who took it in March. Can anyone confirm? Anyone from the IAUPR Orientation Committee have any info? I am very concerned as I was considering IAUPR before but now I am not so sure. Are other schools this low?

Members don't see this ad.

IAUPR is the lowest ranked optometry school among USA, PR, Canada. Do not go to IAUPR even if it is the only OD school you got accepted to. No other OD school's pass rate is this low. I confirm the 8/40 pass rate to be true based on 1 friend going there.

Reactions: 1 user
I can also confirm this. I go to IAUPR. Yes the board pass rates are this bad. I have no idea how this place maintains accreditation. The ACOE is really clueless on how poor the education is at this school. It is basically a scam at this point... I would be glad to send you some of the wildly inaccurate .ppt files so you can get a look for yourself. Oh and some audio recordings of absolute nonsense from lectures given in class. Just pm me your email.

I can also confirm this. I go to IAUPR. Yes the board pass rates are this bad. I have no idea how this place maintains accreditation. The ACOE is really clueless on how poor the education is at this school. It is basically a scam at this point... I would be glad to send you some of the wildly inaccurate .ppt files so you can get a look for yourself. Oh and some audio recordings of absolute nonsense from lectures given in class. Just pm me your email.

that's so scary o.o are you thinking of transferring or anything?