IAUPR Entering Class 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kvq4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are applying or have applied to the IAUPR School of Optometry, how much time does it take to hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those of you who are applying or have applied to the IAUPR School of Optometry, how much time does it take to hear back from them?
forever from IAUPR. If you are lucky you might hear or never hear anything from them. They are the worst in responding back,,,,

Have you heard back from the school yet or are you still waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got an interview and now I'm waiting for their response.

Have you received a response yet. I had my interview on January 27 and nothing yet. Makes me so nervous.

Have you received a response yet. I had my interview on January 27 and nothing yet. Makes me so nervous.

Hi! I got my interview January 22, and they sent me the acceptance letter one week later.

Hi! I got my interview January 22, and they sent me the acceptance letter one week later.
Hey!, when did you send in your OptomCAS application? How long did it take them to respond?

Hey!, when did you send in your OptomCAS application? How long did it take them to respond?

I submitted my OptomCAS in december and heard from them around a month later.

I submitted my application about a week ago and honestly
I am really nervous about the interview... how was it? and how long did it take for them to respond?

Last edited:
I submitted my application about a week ago and honestly
I am really nervous about the interview... how was it? and how long did it take for them to respond?

The interview was via skype, and three people interviewed me. It took like a week after the interview for them to respond.

Has anyone been accepted into the program and planning to attend the school.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted as well into the program. where are you from @kvq4. I am so happy atleast I know someone who will attend the school so far.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@kvq4 is there any other forum??Do you know of others who got accepted into the school?

@kvq4 is there any other forum??Do you know of others who got accepted into the school?

I think this is the only forum for the class of 2020 at IAUPR and no, I don't know who else got accepted.

I'm from PR and still waiting for the interview!! We should create a FB group or something to get to know each other, what do you think?

I'm from PR and still waiting for the interview!! We should create a FB group or something to get to know each other, what do you think?

I think that the school is supposed to create an official FB group for the class, but I haven't seen anything yet. Maybe later on they'll create one. :)

Hey everyone! School will create an official page when the time comes so you will all be able to interact with future classmates!

Hey everyone! School will create an official page when the time comes so you will all be able to interact with future classmates!

Hi! What happens after you get accepted and you pay the deposit? Are they supposed to contact you for further information like for example, class schedules, and economic assistance?

I got in and I'm going- I'm from California. So far I've learned that you just need to be a bit patient with IAUPR- I'm sure they will send it to us when they are ready

Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted and sent in my deposit and thats all I know as of right now!

Congrats!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
An average on the OAT, kinda low but what I needed so a 300. And my GPA was about a 3.2. I have 3 more interviews coming up so Idk what to choose or do yet. High hopes though.

Hi guys, had my interview about 8 days ago and no word yet! Im a second time applicant so hopefully things work out but how long did it take for the school to contact you?

Hi guys, had my interview about 8 days ago and no word yet! Im a second time applicant so hopefully things work out but how long did it take for the school to contact you?

They contacted me via email one week after the interview. Right now they are on spring break, but just wait, you might hear from them soon!

Hi Guys!
I just received my acceptance letter a few days ago! Yay classmates :)

Hi, just got an interview for next Monday! Can someone give me tips on how to prepare? thanks!!

hey, how did they contact you and when did you interview? its been more than 2 weeks since I interviewed and no word yet!
Hi! They sent me a letter in the mail! Don't worry if it takes some time (easier said than done, trust me i know!) :)

Hi, just got an interview for next Monday! Can someone give me tips on how to prepare? thanks!!
Hi! Honestly, you're gonna feel like you're being cross-examined but the most important thing is to remain calm and DON'T FREAK! Good luck!

Hi! They sent me a letter in the mail! Don't worry if it takes some time (easier said than done, trust me i know!) :)

that is a little bit of a stress reliever! Just super stressed this time around, did it take over a month to get the letter?

I had an open interview so at times I did feel like I was being hounded, but just be honest and don't freak out and it'll be okay! I was interviewed by two people and they were super friendly!

Hello everyone!

I just received my acceptance letter a few days ago! At this point I'm pretty positive that I'll be attending. Woohoo!

Has anyone found a place to live yet? On or off campus?

Hey guys!

I was recently accepted to IAUPR and sent my deposit in last week. I have two questions:

1) Will the school send me a packet with all the important information I'll need about the school? Mainly information about where to live and things like that.

2) Has a Facebook group been made yet?

Look forward to meeting you all!

I just got accepted myself and will most likely be attending. Look forward to meeting you all as well!

and echoing @WVeyeguy23 when should we be getting that info? and also is anyone else having trouble accessing the website?

Hey guys!

I was recently accepted to IAUPR and sent my deposit in last week. I have two questions:

1) Will the school send me a packet with all the important information I'll need about the school? Mainly information about where to live and things like that.

2) Has a Facebook group been made yet?

Look forward to meeting you all!

Congrats on being accepted!
I got a package with some papers, but it was because I went in person to pay the deposit. More documents (like where to live) were sent via email by my orientation officer.
A facebook page was recently made called IAUPR Optometry Class of 2020. Once they check that you have been accepted you can join in and they will accept your request.

Has anyone found out information about private student loans that work with the school?

Have you filled out https://fafsa.ed.gov/ yet? The counselor said to start there.
Im trying to avoid FASFA it still considers my financial needs based on my parents income. With private it doesn't consider that. I found out Sallie Mae works with the school. I am wondering if there are any other banks that works with them?

I've been accepted to IAUPR! Is there a Facebook group yet? I'd like to know when people are traveling. If anyone would like to share a taxi from airport, etc.

I've been accepted to IAUPR! Is there a Facebook group yet? I'd like to know when people are traveling. If anyone would like to share a taxi from airport, etc.
Hi! When did you interview and when did they let you know? I had to fill a pre-req and they should be letting me know anytime now about my admission status:(