IAUPR interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtina

Keep Moving Forward!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't care what ppl have to say about this darn school, I've heard it all, i just want some info as to how the interviews are w/ these ppl, and the things to say, and not to say! My interview is being held at a Borders in Fort Lee, NJ (well that's the meeting place, I have no idea where it might be from there) I am super nervous, this is my 1st interview and I feel like I am going to say all the wrong things! Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't care what ppl have to say about this darn school, I've heard it all, i just want some info as to how the interviews are w/ these ppl, and the things to say, and not to say! My interview is being held at a Borders in Fort Lee, NJ (well that's the meeting place, I have no idea where it might be from there) I am super nervous, this is my 1st interview and I feel like I am going to say all the wrong things! Please help!!

That's very interesting! I don't know anything about the school I'm sorry to say. You are living in New Jersey at the moment right? Are they flying out to see you, or is it just a coincidence that it worked out that way? If it's the former, you must feel very important! Send me a pm if you want to know the kind of questions I was asked at my interview at my school, I'd be happy to help.

Yea, feel free to PM me also. I interviewed over phone with IAUPR, but I am a transferring student. All in all, I'd remain calm..it was a fairly laid back interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, feel free to PM me also. I interviewed over phone with IAUPR, but I am a transferring student. All in all, I'd remain calm..it was a fairly laid back interview.

Where are you xferring from?

Well considering I did complete a year of optometry school at ICO, they consider me a "transfer." Although I have to start from scratch. Long story, in other postings though.

Thanx every1 for your input! The interview went smoothly and as I quote the doctor who interviewed me, I should have "nothing to worry about"! :D:laugh:

I'm sure you're glad to have that done with. Best of luck and I hope to be meeting u soon. =)

Thx, I hope to be there!

Thx, I hope to be there!

Hey xtina, I would've loved to give you some info but unfortunately i just saw your post. I interviewed in Borders NJ as well, probably with the same doctor. Good Luck! Hopefully we will meet soon.:)

xtina, and optician21...are you guys going to IAUPR for the next semester? or just did the interview only?

Hi
Can some one please let me know what type of questions they ask on a phone interview. and if you can give me any feedbacks as far as what answers they liked and what they didn't
thank you

xtina, and optician21...are you guys going to IAUPR for the next semester? or just did the interview only?

Hi iSeevLe, as of right now, I am going next semester, but i just got an interview at Midwestern. what about you? did you apply?

Yes I will be going there next semester! It is nearly 100% financially doable for me...so yea... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
Can some one please let me know what type of questions they ask on a phone interview. and if you can give me any feedbacks as far as what answers they liked and what they didn't
thank you

i had my interview in person with a doctor that works in my area that graduated from this school. it was a really laid back interview. basically like a conversation. he just asked me why i wanted to go into optometry. we basically just talked about my current job at an eye doctors office and how that helps me out. it wasnt stressful at all. much better than any of the other interviews so far since it wasnt like he was hardcore judging me. i got into the school btw. so good luck! :)

Hi iSeevLe, as of right now, I am going next semester, but i just got an interview at Midwestern. what about you? did you apply?

i already paid my deposit for a seat at the school. i have an interview in missouri this friday. i guess i will know in a few weeks where i'll be going to school in the fall!

I just kinda wanted to hop on the bandwagon and say that I just found out today that I have been officially accepted into IAUPR for the Fall 2009 semester!!!! I am so excited! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you there.

Congrats FuturaOD. I am heading there in May and I will give you guys information on housing when I come back. Hopefully the residential complex is done by the time school starts bc I'd much rather live there. The student affairs person told me it should be done by May.

DrSpontaneouz,

Are you going in May, coming back, and then going back towards the end of the summer? Because that's what I'd like to do, but I think it may come out a little expensive, and well, I'm sure you know about the $2000 deposit we have to place to secure our seats. I, fortunately enough, have a relative who lives right across the street from the school, so I'll be staying with them. Good luck with the housing, though. Have you tried craigslist? I went on there just out of curiosity, and they have a couple of neat places for close to nothing.

Well, technically yes. But I was going to vacation somewhere tropical anyway, so why not observe the place I will spend the next 4 years? I have a week of paid vacation to use. Though I have made a deposit, I want to make sure I can see myself living there since I didn't interview in person in Puerto Rico. But I am only going to spend a couple hours at the school/looking at housing and spend the last 4 days with my friends vacationing (3 of my best friends are coming with me). Then if all goes well, I will be leaving end of July or early August depending on when our orientation is.

Lucky you that you have family there!

wow, this all sounds so exciting, im getting more and more jittery thinking about the whole thing. I just hope I get enough financial aid...and then there's getting a car! :( :scared:

Hey everyone I interviewed at IAUPR as well. They offered a telephone interview but I decided to make a vacation out of it. I spent a couple weeks there, it is truly amazing! I guess I will be seeing you guys in August! BTW what are some plans for housing?

I've been accepted too!!... :), but I have lots and lots of questions about the school, housing... etc. I think I'll be going to PR in April or May to check everything out and make sure that I like the place. If any of you guys have any more info please post it here or we can get one of those facebook pages... :)... If everything works out I'll be seeing you in August!!!

I've been accepted too!!... :), but I have lots and lots of questions about the school, housing... etc. I think I'll be going to PR in April or May to check everything out and make sure that I like the place. If any of you guys have any more info please post it here or we can get one of those facebook pages... :)... If everything works out I'll be seeing you in August!!!

There's a facebook page setup already IAUPR Class of 2013. I think everyone who has been accepted should join. We can also discuss things there. Just a thought! :)

Hey everyone I interviewed at IAUPR as well. They offered a telephone interview but I decided to make a vacation out of it. I spent a couple weeks there, it is truly amazing! I guess I will be seeing you guys in August! BTW what are some plans for housing?

Aha! Phone Interviews. I guess I wasn't so crazy after all.

does anyone have pictures of the school? Im planning on taking a trip out there to see if its where i wanna spend my next 4 years. the plane ticket and hotels are so expensive, will it be worth it?