ICO alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

browneyes22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just found out that I am on the alternate list for ICO. :( to say I am sad is an understatement. But I am still hopeful. What are the chances that I will get into this year's class? If anyone has been in this position please message me.

Are you on the alternate list because their class is already full? Because I have an interview there this month.

Are you on the alternate list because their class is already full? Because I have an interview there this month.

I am not sure if the class if full yet. I have to call them and ask. I would assume is isnt because why would they keep interviewing but maybe I am wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed with ICO several years ago, I actually interviewed on their very last day. I got in along with another classmate who also interviewed that last day with me. I believe they don't fill their entire class until they end and hold a few seats for exceptional candidates.

When I interviewed with ICO several years ago, I actually interviewed on their very last day. I got in along with another classmate who also interviewed that last day with me. I believe they don't fill their entire class until they end and hold a few seats for exceptional candidates.
When did you interview?

I just found out that I am on the alternate list for ICO. :( to say I am sad is an understatement. But I am still hopeful. What are the chances that I will get into this year's class? If anyone has been in this position please message me.
I was in the same position last year. You're put on the wait list for several reasons. Basically, when ICOs first choices tell them no (because THEIR first choice told them yes) a spot opens up and they fill it from the wait list. I was told that 4 years ago, everyone from the list got in, 3 yrs ago no one did, 2 yrs ago everyone did. I obviously didn't make it last year and never had the heart t call and ask if I was the only one who didn't. For me it was a blessing in disguise as I graduate this spring and am much more prepared. This year when I reapplied I was accepted immediately, without a second interview.

ICO would not be continuing to interview students if their class was already full. For reference on the timeline, I interviewed at ICO in mid-March two years ago with two other applicants and all three of us were accepted. The insider information is that ICO over accepted last year, and we had a larger entering class than we anticipated, so they are more than likely being conservative with acceptances compared to previous years. That said, it is a wait list so I don't think anyone could guarantee you a spot, and calling the admissions office would be the best way to know your status over time.

ICO would not be continuing to interview students if their class was already full. For reference on the timeline, I interviewed at ICO in mid-March two years ago with two other applicants and all three of us were accepted. The insider information is that ICO over accepted last year, and we had a larger entering class than we anticipated, so they are more than likely being conservative with acceptances compared to previous years. That said, it is a wait list so I don't think anyone could guarantee you a spot, and calling the admissions office would be the best way to know your status over time.
yea I heard that about their class last year. They had like 170 something which is pretty large.

Do they tell you where you are on the waitlist? I'm sure the list is very fluid and people move around all the time.
Also, it may take a very long time for admissions to update their information in terms who withdrew their application and who is staying.
I declined my acceptance about two months ago in favor of another school and I barely got an acknowledgement that I was officially withdrawn yesterday from admissions office.
So just be patient, I know it sucks. Do you have leads from other schools? I remember you interviewing at PCO a while ago.