ICO secondary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opto1422

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive the secondary application for ICO? It says only competitive applicants will be sent the application. If you received the secondary application, what were your stats (GPA, and OATS)?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone receive the secondary application for ICO? It says only competitive applicants will be sent the application. If you received the secondary application, what were your stats (GPA, and OATS)?

Hey opto1422!

I'm also waiting to hear from ICO since it's my first choice. Let me know if you hear anything!

I called the admissions office at ICO, and the woman I spoke to said they're just starting to review applications! So we should be hearing from them soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Thanks for sharing! I was starting to get nervous. ICO is my top choice school too. I'll just put in the phrase "supplemental application" because that's the official term, in case anyone else is searching for this too.

I just got an e-mail for the supplemental application for ICO

I got an email this morning! GPA 3.91 and OAT 380/380 TS/AA.

I'm working on the supplemental essay now. I wish I'd known beforehand that they had this essay. *sigh* Does anyone know if it's a new development?

There was no essay last year. Mine was just answer a couple questions about people you know / don't know who went to ICO and pay $60.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I highly recommending sending it in ASAP. I submitted my supplemental yesterday and received an invitation for interview today.

I received mine last Thursday!
GPA: 3.43
300AA/290TS

I highly recommending sending it in ASAP. I submitted my supplemental yesterday and received an invitation for interview today.

I submitted mine on friday and got an interview invite today!

I need some advice on ICO. I applied to ICO with a 3.5 gpa and I have three weeks til I take my OAT exam. I received an email from ICO saying they need my OAT score in order to make a decision to request a supplemental application. Is there any advice on what to focus on for my OAT and is that good/bad news from ICO? I don't know if some people got a supplemental application even without taking their OAT yet that is the only thing that is worrying me. Plus do you think I can be able to get at least a 320 if I study for about 3 weeks ?!

I got an interview and I haven't taken my OAT yet

I think a 320 is very doable in 3 weeks.

Going from your GPA you're probably pretty good at testing. Make sure you use the three weeks well and you should probably be able to get a 320. Physics is the section that people usually do worst on, but that also means schools probably don't expect as much from the physics score? Do your best either way.

The problem is that I need to cram in those 2-3 weeks and I am terrified. Also to mng0206 what was your GPA is you don't mind me asking?
Do you think I have a chance in ICO? I don't know why I didn't get a supplemental application.

The problem is that I need to cram in those 2-3 weeks and I am terrified. Also to mng0206 what was your GPA is you don't mind me asking?
Do you think I have a chance in ICO? I don't know why I didn't get a supplemental application.
I have a 3.22 GPA, but I submitted everything on the day applications opened

Does ICO mind if I postpone my exam? because they are only waiting on my OAT score in order for me to receive a supplemental application and I do not want my lack of preparation and getting a score they weren't looking for effect their decision. I do not think I am ready and do not want to get anything less than a 330. Or is it doable to comprehend the material within a week? I am struggling in physics and chem. It isn't like I haven't been studying I am just scared.

^You should ask them directly. There's the opposing forces of "getting your application in earlier" and "getting a better OAT score." Do you think it's guaranteed that you'll get a better score if you postpone your exam? I feel like you can always prepare more for an exam, but if you delay much longer it'll be later in the cycle and your chances will be smaller then anyway. Again, call ICO and ask the admissions counselor.

Does ICO mind if I postpone my exam? because they are only waiting on my OAT score in order for me to receive a supplemental application and I do not want my lack of preparation and getting a score they weren't looking for effect their decision. I do not think I am ready and do not want to get anything less than a 330. Or is it doable to comprehend the material within a week? I am struggling in physics and chem. It isn't like I haven't been studying I am just scared.

If you haven't been studying and you don't feel comfortable, you probably won't do as well as you would like. I would call the admissions counselors like SunA21 said. AlsoI got a 310 on the OAT and I have an interview at ICO in a few days, so don't stress about numbers too much. Focus on doing your best and really applying yourself in the subjects you know you are struggling on. I am sure you will do great!