ICU resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOk1ng

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Whats the best resource ( online, print ) for ICU rotation for someone not interested in pursuing ICU fellowship ?
2) is ICU book by marino still good considering that it was released in 2007 ?
Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Get the little ICU book, not the full version.

That plus key papers would be more than enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know anything about papers in that field.

There is a JOURNAL CLUB iphone app which summarizes landmark articles for every specialty. I'd check it out.

get washington manual of critical care, excellent book for <50$. I use it quite frequently still as a senior and most of my handmade notes i carry in my notebook came from it.

get washington manual of critical care, excellent book for <50$. I use it quite frequently still as a senior and most of my handmade notes i carry in my notebook came from it.

Another vote for wash manual critical care book. To be honest I like the whole Washington manual series and have used several for various subspecialty rotations.

Also have the small Marino ICU book. It's good from the perspective of getting familiar with some of the theory of various interventions and overview of major critical care aspects, but it's not a daily-keep-in-your white coat type of book you'd refer to for specific management, IMHO.

Would the Washington Manual "Internship Survival Guide" or the regular Washington Manual for Medical Therapeutics be enough of a reference to carry around while on Wards including a month of ICU?

I start my prelim intern year in a week and I start on the ICU so I'd like to buy as few books as possible that would ideally function as references while on wards and allow me to take better care of patients while asking fewer questions of upper levels.