Idaho State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skibum2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched all the past threads and can't find anything about the DPT program at ISU. I was just accepted there today and need to send in a $300 deposit by Feb 15th. The program was ok...definitely not one of my favorites, but it is waaay cheaper than all the rest. I was just wondering if anyone has attended ISU or has opinions about the program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi skibum2,

My friend from college is finishing up his 3rd year at ISU. He loves it there and when I saw him over Christmas he said there were great opportunities to work in a clinic literally right on the ISU campus. Sounds like they have cadaver dissection to learn anatomy (seems like not all PT programs go this route which I find strange). He feels that faculty are supportive. Only problem he encountered was that he had to take a class where the professor was from the East Coast and made it a bit difficult to get some of his ?'s answered. He says a lot of his classmates are older and most of the women in his class already have 1-2 kids.

All in all he says that the $$ savings made it worth it to him. He qualified for in-state residency while he was going to school. There may be something to be said for that, especially with the horror stories of insurmountable DPT debt at some schools like USC.

Congrats on the ISU acceptance and good luck! :)

Thanks for the response! Those were similar thing to what I had heard/thought about the school...Despite how cheap it is i think I might pass on the offer. I have lived in the Wyoming/Idaho/Montana area my whole life and think I need a little change. I am thinking either Boston or San Francisco :) It will be a lot more expensive, but in the end I think the whole experience will be worth it!