Ideas for what to do during year off...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeKe88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was thinking about taking a year off between college and Medical School and wanted to see what's the best way to spend my time. My uGPA and MCAT is decent so I don't think I need to do a SMP or anything. I would rather not do any research. Do you think adcom would have a problem if I just spent that time working retail or something just to save money? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was thinking about taking a year off between college and Medical School and wanted to see what's the best way to spend my time. My uGPA and MCAT is decent so I don't think I need to do a SMP or anything. I would rather not do any research. Do you think adcom would have a problem if I just spent that time working retail or something just to save money? :rolleyes:

Nope. But you -should- continue to do some volunteer or other clinical work. Get that clinical exposure from shadowing, volunteering in a clinic or ED, taking CNA/EMT courses... just do something. Other than that, save some money and enjoy your last year of freedom!

-z