idk what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fizz12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so this is bothering me a lot. I am a freshman at Nova Southeastern University and I took Gen Chem 1 my first semester there. I ended up getting a D. I also took trig, and ended up getting a D there too, which honestly came to me as a complete surprise. Anyway, I've decided I'm going to transfer to FIU in spring 2016 ( will have my AA by then from nova) because of money issues, but now i dont know what do about my grades I have so far. Should I retake chemistry 1 this summer or should I try and take it at FIU in spring 2016 as a sophomore? And idk about trig either, but i know FIU has some sort of exam I have to take that will place me in a math class. I honestly, do not want to take chemistry 1 over in the summer (i mean who would want school in the summer lol) but if it does come down to it, I will do it. I feel as if Nova's chem classes are too hard for me, but then again, chemistry is the same which ever college I will go to. Please i need advice. I am planning on taking chem 2 in fall 2015 and I heard that chem 2 is not really the same as chem 1. So should I just continue with chem 2 without taking chem 1 at nova and when I get to FIU retake chem 1? Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Retake those classes and perform well. It will help your GPA, give you a better foundation than before and give you better options if you apply DO in the future. I believe most medical schools require grades better than C- for pre-req classes anyway.

You can recover from a bad semester, especially in the beginning of your academic career. However, you need to realize why you struggled last semester and take actions to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Reactions: 1 user
Retake those classes and perform well. It will help your GPA, give you a better foundation than before and give you better options if you apply DO in the future. I believe most medical schools require grades better than C- for pre-req classes anyway.

You can recover from a bad semester, especially in the beginning of your academic career. However, you need to realize why you struggled last semester and take actions to make sure it doesn't happen again.

so should i retake it at nova or fiu?

Not familiar with either school. Take it where it works for you.