IDP in Mexico the best!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimi's

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just to to let you know, there is an IDP ( International Dentistry Program) in Mexico, is very good program, I been there, beautiful facilities, wonderful staff, and people en general.
You will have a great experience, in clinic, patients, classes, with wonderful teachers, and be in another country, culture is amazing. Is very friendly enviroment.
You can learn alot, and is up to you how much you really want to learn and improved you self.
Work is difficult to find anywhere, like any country, dont be afraid.
Some students in the past are very happy some they are not!!!! Depend on you. Are you going to study? or party all the time? Your choise.
Take a look the website. www.lasalleids.com

The New International Dental Studies (IDS)
Program of LaSalle Bajio

Universidad De La Salle Bajio, located in the city of Leon, in the state of Guanajuato, in Mexico, is an institution that has dedicated more than 37 years to higher education. Presently, 25 professional degree programs are offered, as well as 33 post-graduate programs. The student population is 13,500.

Besides being an institution that has been accredited by FIMPES (Federation of Mexican Private Higher Education Institutions), Universidad De La Salle has been awarded the acknowledgement of Excellence in Academics by the Mexican Ministry of Education (SEP).

The School of Dentistry, established in 1975, is considered one of the best dental schools in the country. Since 2002, graduates of the California accredited La Salle School of Dentistry are eligible to participate in licensing examinations for the State of California. Also, since 2004, the School of Dentistry is a member of the National Council of Dental Education (CONAEDO).

The School of Dentistry has received full accreditation from the Dental Board of California for its regular 5 year undergraduate program and its 2 year International Dental Studies program.
Estimated Costs of the IDP for Class of 2009-2010
Admission fee:

$200
Tuition (for four semesters or two years):

$80,000 (for students graduated from Mexican Dental Schools)
$88,000 (for students graduated from non-Mexican Dental Schools)
Instrumental

$10,500.00
Intensive Spanish course for non-Spanish speakers:

$600

Education financing is available for qualified applicants for up to 90% of all costs of the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you done IDP from there?

And after that we can practice only in California, Right?

Right only in California, if u want another state you have to be in California for 5 years, then u can work another state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oki thanks!
And hows is living there and the program?

Oki thanks!
And hows is living there and the program?
living there no expensive, close to the school, small house is 3000 pesos, in dollars $280.00 dlls per month the rent, but you can find places 3000-5000 pesos per month. Some students share the place and rent, depend if you want roomate or alone.
Program great, wonderful people, staff, pacients, faculty, very nice enviroment!!!!!!!. The clinic so beautiful.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats not true. Most of the states now require a DDS from US accredited school. If you don't have DDS and working in CA for 5 years, you can move limited states only not all.
Check more details in this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/are-we-really-stuck-in-cali-forever-after-passing-bench-state-board.1064242
IDP in Mexico is accredited school from USA!!!!!!!!!, and of course you have to work for 5 years in CA, be able to work in another states, but is not all states!!!! you are right in that area, plus personally I dont know the rules from another states.

IDP in Mexico is accredited school from USA!!!!!!!!!, and of course you have to work for 5 years in CA, be able to work in another states, but is not all states!!!! you are right in that area, plus personally I dont know the rules from another states.
Does it give a DDS/DMD degree which is acceptable in all US states? If not then there will be limited states to work for.
Anyone considering it should do more research and share on this forum as well.

The school give a DDS, degree, acceptable in USA, and so far this school is only limited to work only in California. And after working 5 years in California I have the option another state, I need it to check their rules, but Im not interested another state. Where do you want to work? , So If you want to work in many states so this is not the right school for you. Was for me.

which school in mexico have idp program?

Is in Leon, Guanajuato (Mexico) University of La Salle, the IDP program goes by the name CIRO.

What about financial aid?

go to internet under the name La salle International Dental Program there is all the information, cost, finantial, facilities, requiriments etc, Take a look !!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the link:
http://www.lasalleids.com

Just a FYI: for those that plan to practice somewhere other than California this would not be a good fit for you...

I read about this university some time ago. If I remember correctly back then, they preferred applicants who could speak Spanish. Not sure if this is still a requirement whether mentioned or not mentioned on the website.

The majority of the students are not spanish, the students are not spanish they take Spanish classes 3 months before the program started, the school provided that for them. And it mentioned now in the website.

Program of LaSalle Bajio
Universidad De La Salle Bajio, located in the city of Leon, in the state of Guanajuato, in Mexico, is an institution that has dedicated more than 37 years to higher education. Presently, 25 professional degree programs are offered, as well as 33 post-graduate programs. The student population is 13,500.

Besides being an institution that has been accredited by FIMPES (Federation of Mexican Private Higher Education Institutions), Universidad De La Salle has been awarded the acknowledgement of Excellence in Academics by the Mexican Ministry of Education (SEP).

The School of Dentistry, established in 1975, is considered one of the best dental schools in the country. Since 2002, graduates of the California accredited La Salle School of Dentistry are eligible to participate in licensing examinations for the State of California. Also, since 2004, the School of Dentistry is a member of the National Council of Dental Education (CONAEDO).

The School of Dentistry has received full accreditation from the Dental Board of California for its regular 5 year undergraduate program and its 2 year International Dental Studies programThe New International Dental Studies (IDS)
Program of LaSalle Bajio

The School of Dentistry has received full accreditation from the Dental Board of California for its regular 5 year undergraduate program and its 2 year International Dental Studies program
Admission fee:

$200

Instrumental

$10,500.00

$600

Education financing is available for qualified applicants for up to 90% of all costs of the program.

Program of LaSalle Bajio

The School of Dentistry has received full accreditation from the Dental Board of California for its regular 5 year undergraduate program and its 2 year International Dental Studies programThe New International Dental Studies (IDS)
Program of LaSalle Bajio

The School of Dentistry has received full accreditation from the Dental Board of California for its regular 5 year undergraduate program and its 2 year International Dental Studies program
Admission fee:

$200

Instrumental

$10,500.00

$600

Hello, I am interested in this program. Are you a staff of this school or a student from there?
I did read about this school few years ago and I tried to email them few times but they never respond me. Do they still seeking for Spanish speakers only?
When is the deadline for year 2015? Thank you.

Yes I did, and thats right you can only practice in California. But if you want to practice another state you have to work for 5 years in California first.

Program of LaSalle Bajio

Program of LaSalle Bajio

Admission fee:

$200

Instrumental

$10,500.00

$600

Yes I did, and thats right you can only practice in California. But if you want to practice another state you have to work for 5 years in California first.

you graduated the international dentist program fro there? how many students are they taking in one class? how is the city and life there? are you practicing in California now?
I have email them but they didn't reply me back.

you graduated the international dentist program fro there? how many students are they taking in one class? how is the city and life there? are you practicing in California now?
I have email them but they didn't reply me back.
Yes I graduated from La salle (IDP), the class is 25 students, The city, is very nice and is in the middle of super nice places you can visit like Guanajuato is my favorite place, small town, colorful, 40 mit from the school, many things to do, and life is great, people are wonderful, food !!!!. Iam in CA now working, I have a friend working in their office.

Yes I graduated from La salle (IDP), the class is 25 students, The city, is very nice and is in the middle of super nice places you can visit like Guanajuato is my favorite place, small town, colorful, 40 mit from the school, many things to do, and life is great, people are wonderful, food !!!!. Iam in CA now working, I have a friend working in their office.
HI this is the email from the secretary (IDP) [email protected]

Hi mimi,
Do we get loan if we are permanent resident of USA?

Can you please help me, how do i prepare for the bench and theoretical exam at de la salle?

Anyone got acceptances so far for CIRO 10?

Does Anyone know about the theoretical exam for de la salle IDP program. Please give me some information about this exam and what kind of preparation material ( study material) I have follow for that exam. I need argent help please...Your help will be appreciate..... Please someone answer this..

Does Anyone know about the theoretical exam for de la salle IDP program. Please give me some information about this exam and what kind of preparation material ( study material) I have follow for that exam. I need argent help please...Your help will be appreciate..... Please someone answer this..
hi, have you taken the test yet?

Hi has anyone been to give the exam to mexico recently? and if yes then can someone give me some information about the test. thanks

Hi Menadeep, did you get an invite from there?

Hi Menadeep, did you get an invite from there?
Hi... anybody know about re-accreditation of la salle?, I mean they have to be accredited by the dental board of california each 7 years, and 2019 is the last year...

The Dental board will publish if De la Salle is ok another 7 years in August. I'm waiting the decision too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
The Dental board will publish if De la Salle is ok another 7 years in August. I'm waiting the decision too.

Hello dear, how do you know they will decide in August?
I talked to the school, they said they will have a meeting with dental board of cali in May 2019 to get it approved.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello dear, how do you know they will decide in August?
I talked to the school, they said they will have a meeting with dental board of cali in May 2019 to get it approved.
Hi, because they're already evaluated by the board. You can check the information in the dental board of California website in the meetings documents. Also I heard from a very good source that the program have a real chances to be closed because they don't complain with all the things that they suppose to correct 7 years ago. I'm crossing fingers about that, because it's my main first option for the IDP program

Hi Doc... omg...really?
that is very sad news..
this is my main first option too for IDP....so why the school told us they are fine with everything and it is just paper work to get approved in Dental board of cali... :(

Please be in touch..
Are you sure about August decision?

No, they're lying, of course they not going to tell you that they have a problem. And yes , I'm sure the dental board is going to publish the decision in August , they're already evaluate. I'm taking the part I in one month and I'm hoping they keep the acreditacion for another 7 years to apply there.

No, they're lying, of course they not going to tell you that they have a problem. And yes , I'm sure the dental board is going to publish the decision in August , they're already evaluate. I'm taking the part I in one month and I'm hoping they keep the acreditacion for another 7 years to apply there.

So, you still are in the very first step to apply... best of luck for part 1 dear.

I personally visited the school few weeks ago and talked to board of California as well. The things you mentioned does not seem correct to me according to info i received.

This is what i copy and paste here from dental board of california school. Most probably they will get approved.

On June 30, 2017, representatives of the Dental Board of California (Board) including Dr. Whitcher and the Executive Officer met with the University of DeLaSalle Bajio School of Dentistry (University) regarding their Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) approval and the future Board re-approval. The University has completed the first step of its CODA approval and foresees its final evaluation to be completed by Fall of 2017 with a decision following in 2018. Additionally, the school is simultaneously preparing the documentation for Board re-approval.

Yes, that document is regarding the request from LaSalle to CODA. They want the national acreditacion for the 4 years program. I really hope they get the renewal, don't get me wrong. I'm just anxious about that. We can discuss this topic and other thing if you want it. Would you like to give your email??