If anyone is interested in doing medical school in ROMANIA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there, I am currently living in england and trying to apply to the Romanian medical school "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Bucharest. I am really struggling to get through to the right department and also there is no one who is willing to talk to me about the application. Could you give me some advice on how to go about the application process by directly contacting the university. thank you so much for your help.

Regards
Sami AL-Mais

I am Saudi Doctor finished my General Medicine from Carol Davila bucharest. Now im a medical doctor in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Those who bash Romania are either ignorant or flatout lairs ! The ABC of medicine I learned it from Great doctors in Romania. You cannot blame the poor for being poor and also you cannot say the rich is the best because he has everything. Romania has so much to offer and its unfair to bash a whole country based on your personal experince. that is a biased attack! Other big countries around the Romanian nation have constantly robbed Romania throughout history, from the Roman empire to the Turks to the Russians!! and Now western companies are doing a good job in looting a nation of its God blessed resources. Its the rule of the strong over the lesser strong and peaceful. This long organized theft have limited the resources to be spent on Healthcare system for example. Yet the romanians have compensated. The reason why many romanians are not satisfied all the time is because they have a thirsty desire to get more of everything ! thats why some are not happy with romania because they always expect much ! in my opinion, Romania is the best. Romania will rise again just as a phoenix rising from the ashes.

Members don't see this ad.

Goloto,now I saw your post...I don't know what you have done until now with the enrollment in "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Bucharest,but I can say that the best choise is to speak with someone who is in secretaryship. I am also a medical student in the 6th year,but not in Bucharest,if you want, and you are still interest doing this thing I can ask someone from my University and tell you more details...in case you haven't enroled allready.
I can ensure that "Carol Davila" is a very good university,but I can't say that it's at the same standards as one in UK...and I saw that it's a kind a different match for those who graduate a medical school in other contries than UK. I mean those who graduate in UK has priority...
This is the site of the university and their telephone number,you can call at number 2 or 1 and ask for information.
http://www.umf.ro/index.php/ro/contact.html
If I can help you with anything,let me know.

I am 21 and a 3rd year Medical student at Oxford University.

Here's some data :

In 11 years, Oxford has accepted one (1 ) student from Romania into the Med school - during which time there have been 920 applications.

That student had already, ( ie: prior to applying to UK Med Schools) gained a Biochemistry degree in Romania with a 92% grade average

That student ( as with any foreign student to UK) then has to pass the preclinical exams in English in eight (8) areas of medicine
both experimentally and theoretically.

Also, the level of Maths required in the undergraduate UK Medical Syllabus is the equivalent of a distinction in ( especially in probability & statistics)
of a foreign Maths degree. Also US and European applicants are often shocked the 40+ hours a week undergraduate study load - until recent years we were expected to sign in 5 mornings a week at 8 30 am and attendance at all lectures was monitored. Cheating is impossible because no papers are marked internally - eg our papers are sent to Cambridge or London to mark and vice versa.

So. the reason I mention this here is be warned about coming to be a doctor in the UK. A friends from Latvia who graduated top in his Medical college has been here
3 years ( and you will not be offered funding, he works as a nurse ) attempting to pass the UK basic registration.

If you want to use your degree elsewhere , the UK admission criteria are much higher than anywhere ( including most schools in the USA )
- so please don't waste your hopes and inter alia - your valuable time - unless you are right at the top.

Anyone who wants to look at our eight pre-clinical papers can post me here and I will e mail a copy of them.

Good luck with your studies!

James, St Johns College & Faculty of Medicine and Surgery , Oxford.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 5th yr med student in Timisoara and even though it is pretty decent here I would suggest anyone coming to Romania to study medicine to go to Cluj .. It is the closest thing to an international level medical school ... things are still getting better here in Timisoara but Cluj in my opinion is already there. If i could go back 5 years and change my uni I would have definitely chosen to go to Cluj.

I am 21 and a 3rd year Medical student at Oxford University.

Here's some data :

In 11 years, Oxford has accepted one (1 ) student from Romania into the Med school - during which time there have been 920 applications.

That student had already, ( ie: prior to applying to UK Med Schools) gained a Biochemistry degree in Romania with a 92% grade average

That student ( as with any foreign student to UK) then has to pass the preclinical exams in English in eight (8) areas of medicine
both experimentally and theoretically.

Also, the level of Maths required in the undergraduate UK Medical Syllabus is the equivalent of a distinction in ( especially in probability & statistics)
of a foreign Maths degree. Also US and European applicants are often shocked the 40+ hours a week undergraduate study load - until recent years we were expected to sign in 5 mornings a week at 8 30 am and attendance at all lectures was monitored. Cheating is impossible because no papers are marked internally - eg our papers are sent to Cambridge or London to mark and vice versa.

So. the reason I mention this here is be warned about coming to be a doctor in the UK. A friends from Latvia who graduated top in his Medical college has been here
3 years ( and you will not be offered funding, he works as a nurse ) attempting to pass the UK basic registration.

If you want to use your degree elsewhere , the UK admission criteria are much higher than anywhere ( including most schools in the USA )
- so please don't waste your hopes and inter alia - your valuable time - unless you are right at the top.

Anyone who wants to look at our eight pre-clinical papers can post me here and I will e mail a copy of them.

Good luck with your studies!

James, St Johns College & Faculty of Medicine and Surgery , Oxford.

The maths required in the undergraduate UK medical syllabus is very low. If you know how to balance equations you are good enough in math to study medicine. I'm not sure what you mean but I have never heard of math being important to study medicine.

Hey!
I am 24, I would like to get back to school and study dentistry in Romania. I am choosing between two: oradea or cluj.
Any recommendations?
Also I am wondering about the entrance exam. How difficult is it to pass test in biology or chemistry?
Thank You!!!

Hey I applied last year to a med school in Europe and it was chaos.. doing it by yourself is too difficult. A few of the people came through an organisation and said that they had to do very little for their place. I recommend you go to their website and check it out.. there is still time to apply for 2014 admission I think.. it's www.medic-link.org.uk best of luck guys!

Hi Everyone
Does anyone knows anything about transferring to higher years in Romanian medical schools?!!
Which universities are easier to transfer and which ones do you recommend ?!
or if you know any person or sort of office which they can help me to transfer
I really appreciate your help

Hey where are you from Cyrus? And are you studying medicine at the moment?

Hey dude,

Im in the sixth year if med school here in Romania, originally i studied at leeds university where i studied till the end of. The fourth year. I then had a problem there which meant i had to leave and i transferred to a romanian university into the fourth year. This was a life saver for me, as i didnt obviously want to begin from the beginning again. I used an agent because i had very little time in between my two unis to decide and organise everything. If you want i can forward you their details, they were really good! Or if you want more information just message me.

Hi Everyone
Does anyone knows anything about transferring to higher years in Romanian medical schools?!!
Which universities are easier to transfer and which ones do you recommend ?!
or if you know any person or sort of office which they can help me to transfer
I really appreciate your help

Hi guys!!

Thanks first for all the awesome information provided!

I am a German student wishing to apply to dental school in either Bulgaria or Romania.
However I have no idea about the places or unis there. I would like to know which ones are the best dental unis, placing emphasis
on the content and quality of the professors. Under no cicrumstances do i want to know which ones you can bribe into.

I just genuinely would like to know where you could attain the best knowledge possible. and also does anyone know if going back to german unis is possibl, i.e. would the courses be accredited without a problem?

Specifically, is Bucharest, Cluj or Iasi better in Romania? Or Varna in Bulgaria?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I m in 6 th year at dentistry in Romania. I d recommand you Bucharest or Cluj, and you wont have problems if you would whant to go back to germany. I have a mate who s from germany...I can put you in touch with him.

Hi There,
Currently, i am a student of Pre-Medicines of high school in Pakistan and i only have a few months away to start my career, Medicines. I've been thinking to apply fo Gr.Popa medical University of Romania for a long time and i think i lack vital information regarding application to the institute. Please contact me at [email protected] and kindly let me know about the Entry Requirements, Funeral Arrangements, Living Costs and particularly Student Visas.

Thanks for your support

Hi.

I'm currently in 4th year medicine in China. I'd like to transfer to a university in Romania. I've heard that once you've graduated from there, you can work anywhere in the EU without writing a board exam. Can someone please tell me more about that and also more about studying in Romania and which universities are better.

Thanks