If given the choice between ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuffleboard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If given the choice between Western University and Tourocom NY, which one would you attend?

I'd love to attend Tourocom but I'm having a tough time convincing my father about its "new" status ...

Members don't see this ad.

what state are you originally from?

If given the choice between Western University and Tourocom NY, which one would you attend?
I'd love to attend Tourocom but I'm having a tough time convincing my father about its "new" status ...

I think the operative word here is "you" in your post.
If it were me, I'd go to Western because of its proximity to home (I'm a Californian), more established status, and exciting match list.*

But that's me...how about you?

If you love Touro, you should go there. It may be difficult to convince your father (especially if he's making a significant contribution to the cost of education), but if that's truly where you want to go, then you should try your damnedest to convince your father of that fact.

Good luck with your decision!

*Some have questioned the validity of a match list as criteria for choosing a school, since ultimately it is based on the abilities of the student and not the program. I acknowledge this, and consider the match list as a factor, but not a be-all, end all. Also, being "more established" and having an "exciting match list" are really only one reason, given that a new school obviously doesn't have a match list yet. Plus, I like footnotes.

Members don't see this ad :)

If you want to be a guinea pig... Go to Toro

Western dude.

If I were in your position, Western all the way.

The only way I would ever, ever choose a brand new school (of a new school for that matter!) over an established one, is if you knew that there would be no way in God's green earth that you could be happy & concentrate for 2+ years.

I would absolutely choose Western because I would never want to live in NYC and might like living in CA. Plus Western being more established is a huge plus in my book. Of course that's me. This is about where you want to go.

I would absolutely choose Western because I would never want to live in NYC and might like living in CA. Plus Western being more established is a huge plus in my book. Of course that's me. This is about where you want to go.
Western.....I would not want to attend school in Harlem.

western.

The status of the school is not as important as how comfortable you are there and if it is the right fit for you. If you're not happy there, the status won't do you any good, especially if it affects your performance. Go where you'll be happy, and you will be likely to excel.