If I don't get in, I don't matter. Help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need an attitude adjustment in a major way.

With a 2.0 GPA you stand no chance at getting into any school. If you retake all of the classes you did poorly in, do well on the MCAT, etc. it's theoretically possible to get into a DO school. I don't see this happening in 1-2 years. If your age at matriculation is an outlier, so be it. Your current timeline is impossible.

Members don't see this ad.

With a 2.0 GPA you stand no chance at getting into any school. If you retake all of the classes you did poorly in, do well on the MCAT, etc. it's theoretically possible to get into a DO school. I don't see this happening in 1-2 years. If your age at matriculation is an outlier, so be it. Your current timeline is impossible.

Thank you for that very helpful advice. Please re-read the opening post before posting further. Thanks, have a great day.

So online classes through extensions schools would be ok then?

I don't know how online classes show up on the transcript. I'd still avoid if I were you. Schools will know it's online if you don't live in MA or CA.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is for the best as this prospective applicant does not have the attitude and values that we look for in medical students.

Reactions: 3 users
So you're saying that I should quit my job and go to school full time? What is a more realistic timeline according to you then?

And I bombed undergrad because I didn't care. I now care.

And thank you for that last sentence. I already mentioned that I was a failure in the opening post, if it makes you happy I will mention it again. I am a failure. Hope you're satisfied.

Yes. Don't you? As a med school admissions person isn't that exactly what you do?
As mentioned perviously, community colleges and taking classes at my local universities is not possible due to reasons already mentioned. Perhaps you should read that post again a bit more slowly. Please take your time.

And what do you consider to see if they are a good fit for medicine? Their accomplishments. Case and point. And two people who apply medical school A and B, person A gets in and person B does not, person A has greater value than B. Simple, its really not that hard to understand. As a med school admissions officer i'm sure you think the same, you just don't want to admit that.

Obviously I would not expect an old man or a physically handicapped person to be able to compete in the olympics. Nor would I expect a mentally handicapped person to win the Nobel Prize. These are things that are outside of people's control. I am talking about someone who is not physically or mentally handicapped but who has achieved nothing or very little with their life. Those kinds of people who have no value. And as a physician I would still happily treat them as long as they have insurance and I get reimbursed for my services. Everybody wins.
Value is so subjective. Value to friends, family, loved ones? Value to professionals? Value to the GDP? Someone who hasn't succeeded monetarily or professionally can still have great value when measured under different parameters. You're showing that you think in a very narrow-minded culturally stereotypical (Indian Male) way that isn't indicative to having a relationship with patients. If your family believes in this value system (dare I say caste) thats fine and by proving your mettle as a physician you will have value in their eyes. Good luck dealing with patients of little to no value for 30+ years as a physician and not burning a few bridges.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.