If I earn an award for a short story, would that be something to put on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tachybrady

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or does each award need to be either GPA related or science-related? I feel that earning an award for writing is also very academic and shows a certain level of competency. But that's my opinion. Do you guys know if it would be worth putting on the AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I think its worth mentioning. An award that helps give your application more depth and dimension will only help. Not everything on your AMCAS application must scream science, academics or medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
Or does each award need to be either GPA related or science-related? I feel that earning an award for writing is also very academic and shows a certain level of competency. But that's my opinion. Do you guys know if it would be worth putting on the AMCAS?
I agree it's worth mentioning. Most group multiple Honors and Awards together to save spaces. You might alternatively enter your writing (if it's something you engage in regularly) as an Artistic Endeavor or Hobby, mentioning the award as a validation of your ability.

Reactions: 1 users
Listen to the adcom^

Definitely add it! Wouldn't you prefer well-rounded coworkers over working with robots? This will help to demonstrate that you are a real person. Good luck.